RE: Increasing bed length

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

The "Dreaded Green Light of Refrigeration" is easily controlled by the "Spare Sock of Dimmishment" allowing enough of a chink of Green to illuminate the One True Path - to the "Cubicle of Knee Bashing"..... sorry - I'll remember my meds another day....

Anyhoo - looking at this again it seems that all that is needed is to remove the section of divider that sticks up above the seat cushion level. That would still allow enough of a structure to contain the bottom of the table - if in the slot. When not i.e. all the time - a block of foam slotted in there to bring the level up to the seat - or seat plus various toppers - should do the trick.

I think the important part will be the finishing of the exposed end. Not sure if the original is just stick on or routed T section. It looks like it may be tricky to do in situ however the structure seems to be screwed rather than screwed and glued so provided the fire doesn't have to come out it may just be a question of dismantling the seat.....

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:28 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.029 Posts

You'll presumably have to extend the back cushion too, somehow.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:54 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Well - we always leave them made up as beds, so from a functional point of view a lump of foam will do.

Aesthetically something a little smarter may be needed. I don't know if we can get a rough match to make up a cover for said lump of foam - maybe someone who is re-covering some similar patterns may have a few usable bits - wait and see.

Long term I must admit I'd prefer to go back to a 410 Triton....

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 42 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1