Problems with SAGA

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:59 pm
by Magpie | 673 Posts

At the beginning of September our 530 had an accident (not our fault). SAGA told us to send in the details and an estimate for repair. This we did by e-mail, by letter and eventually by signed for delivery. But we have heard nothing further after what is now nine weeks. Repeated phone calls and e-mails are rarely answered. If we do get to speak to someone we only get vague answers that result in nothing. We are now getting more than a little desperate. We insured with SAGA because we were told they were helpful and reliable. Has anyone had similar problems?

Last edited Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:21 pm | Scroll up

RE: Problems with SAGA

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:33 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.

Simboc2004 and thecolliss like this post!
Last edited Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:33 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:36 pm
by Magpie | 673 Posts

Thank you! Have done that and will see what happens.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:53 am
by cabbie37 | 688 Posts

Interestingly, I have also had my SAGA renewal this week. The premium has dropped, but that may be as a result of this being my second year with them and I am entitled to an NCD of 20%. However, I noticed that, apparently I had confirmed that the van was not imported, so mentioned that when I spoke to the renewal person. Having been built in France, then that was the case by definition.. SHe understod Eribas and I was told that if the van had come in through a UK dealer, then it was not a problem, but if I had bought it abroad and imported it, that was different. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I had done, so I am now waiting to hear the thoughts of the Underwriters as to whether I will be penalised for that either by an increase in premium or, indeed, if they decline to cover me...

:o(

Hopefully, neither....

Last edited Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:53 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:11 pm
by Magpie | 673 Posts

Reply to cabbie37: SAGA were happy to renew our insurance last summer and to add on extra for European cover. But now that we have a claim for repair we can't get anyone to even answer phone lines, letters or e-mails to confirm when, or if, a repair can be carried out! Calls to the complaints line are listened to at length and action promised but nothing happens! It is now over nine weeks since we made our claim. As suggested by rambling robin above, we have now written to the CEO insurance and are now logging and dating every action and trying to work out the best steps to take next.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:27 pm
by Captain Calamity | 356 Posts

I have now heard of a couple of problems with SAGA insurance. For anyone considering an alternative you would do worse than give Ripe Caravan insurance a go. They are underwritten by Aviva. I have £25k of insurance, new for old, with European cover, for less than £200 on my 2017 van.

b2nun likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:56 pm
by cabbie37 | 688 Posts

Sadly Ripe will only insure caravans up to a maximum of 15 years old. Unfortunately, that exludes my 2002 Troll.... :o(

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:59 am
by Magpie | 673 Posts

Finally - Actually got a phone call from SAGA this morning - our claim is apparently now marked 'Priority'. Hmmm....We shall see.......

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:11 pm
by cabbie37 | 688 Posts

Just to finish off my part in this tale.., having been reviewed by the Underwriters, they noted that in the time I have owned the Van it has regularly been serviced by a qualified engineer in this country and, as such, the Insurance has just been renewed without any change to the premium...

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:44 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.163 Posts

Good news
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:13 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.514 Posts

One good result, what’s happening with Magpie’s claim?

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:50 pm
by Magpie | 673 Posts

It's finally arranged - date fixed with Leisure First for January.

Julie Grafo, cabbie37, Poptop320 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Good to hear that and reassuring as we are with Saga also.

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:23 am
by Magpie | 673 Posts

We registered the accident very quickly early in September, and got a reference number. But it was hard work after that. After a number of long waits on the phone with music, being passed to other departments, unanswered e-mails, unkept promises that someone would phone us within 3 days, 5 days, etc., we started to keep a careful record, printed the e-mails we did get and sent letters by 'signed for' delivery. We finally got an acceptance of Cameron's estimate - and an assessor came to view the damage. We now have a date for the repair in January. We won't be happy until the repair is completed and SAGA have paid up.
PS Looking at various sites on the internet I find that others have had similar fairly recent experiences regarding various claims - for travel bookings, other vehicles etc. I hope SAGA gets sorted out because we have heard good reports of them in the past.
PPS I should add that an assessor turned up unannounced at Leisure First when we had made it clear that the 'van was still on our drive at home and two letters to 'high-ups' in SAGA were never signed for - so I don't know if they arrived!
OK rant over!

Last edited Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:43 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0