Servicing Scotland

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 09, 2024 3:52 pm
by Captain Calamity | 357 Posts

I’d like to recommend Knowepark Scotland (again). Full service including damp check is around £200. Included two tyres and new gas pigtail (parts extra but fitting included). Everything explained at collection. Very nice team to deal with.

Scroll up

RE: Servicing Scotland

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 09, 2024 5:33 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.502 Posts

That is what you call a result. A service and water ingress test at most dealers is north of £400. Why the difference?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 09, 2024 6:13 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.033 Posts

Spinney's standard single axle annual service is £270 at all four of their branded branches, not sure about the two White Arches sites they bought last month.
Our van was serviced last week at their Silverdale branch, they tested the fridge for under performance but it worked ok for them on mains but they found the gas wasn't igniting. They've put in a warranty claim for a replacement gas valve assembly. As we'd never run it on gas it was news to us.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 09, 2024 8:08 pm

I didn’t ask for the Hymer damp test to be sent to Hymer because my van is just out of warranty. Logging the test with Hymer (for those still relying on the warranty) involves a fee of £40. Some sort of admin fee. Knowepark do the test anyway as part of the service. Gives peace of mind.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 09, 2024 8:12 pm

Knowepark also checked that my new tyres were within 6 months of the manufacturing date. It is nice to know you are dealing with switched on professionals. Hi hi

sparrowhawk and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 11, 2024 10:49 pm

I have just e-mailed Hymer/Eriba through the contact link on the configurator side of their website.
I expressed my concern over the difficulty in accessing a water ingress and service when many dealers will only offer this to customers who have bough from the. I also mentioned the disparity in costs for this water ingress and service. Knowepark charging £200 and Leisure First charging £550.
Finally I had been made aware of an independent caravan and motorhome engineer in Devon who have told me:-
"....has to go through suppling dealer and we can carry out on there behalf if they agree"

Let us see what the reply is.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
sparrowhawk likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 12, 2024 7:47 pm

Colin, I didn’t buy my van from Knowepark but they have no concerns with carrying out damp tests. They will charge you an additional £40 if you want the test results recorded with Hymer. The money is, in effect, warranty insurance should the van develop damp problems during the warranty period.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 14, 2024 3:59 pm

Reply was just as I thought it would be. They ignored irregularity in prices and as regards water ingress said:-
"You can only carry out a water ingress test through a contractual partner."

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12785 topics and 107386 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0