Canopy for my puck

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 22, 2024 10:18 am
by Mr A W Boxall | 34 Posts

We have just bought a Maypole universal canopy for puck, which works very well. Where the canopy is fixed to the gully, we do get a drop of water seeping through? Any ideas how to reduce the drips.

Regards Tony

Scroll up

RE: Canopy for my puck

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 22, 2024 10:44 am
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

Tony, you will never eliminate this wicking effect where the absorbent material of the awning chord absorbs the water. On the Eriba it is exaggerated by the curved roof design throwing the water onto the canopy. A very good soaking of something like Fabsil will reduce this.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 22, 2024 12:17 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.163 Posts

hi Tony

My experience of my various awnings leads me to agree with Colin that this light wicking / dribbling down the side of the van is a fairly regular occurrence in heavy rain. A waterproof spraying of the kedder can help a bit but not sure that it totally cures it.

The relative lightness of it doesn't really cause a problem. If it occasionally irritates me I just put the washing up bowl underneath where it runs off but there is very little water involved.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 22, 2024 5:42 pm

Hi Colin. It is the best canopy we have tried, including the Eriba puck canopy we used to have which used to worse.
Thanks for your comments.

Tony B

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 22, 2024 5:48 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your comment. We must expect a little water when we are in the caravan. The Maypole canopy is the best so far, including the original Puck canopy!!

Tony B

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1