Water tank

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:24 am
by Philvayro44@gmail.com | 45 Posts

Hi I'm new to eriba caravans is it ok to travel with the water tank full from home

Scroll up

RE: Water tank

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

NO, NO, NEVER. Whilst your payload can take it any sloshing around of 30kg+ is not a good idea. Before we leave home we put about 20L in our tank and prime the system including the electric Truma water heater. I then close the taps and pull the bung out of the bottom of the large tank. When on site it is then really easy to get the system up and running in minutes.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:46 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.184 Posts

Hi Phil this is one of those that there is some debate around................I'm in the travel empty corner. The only time I travelled with it full was after a service and they left it with the water in the tank which is under the seat on the rear left side in our model.. When I joined the motorway after the service for the first and only time I experienced my Troll starting to swing & sway as we moved from the slip road onto the inside lane.

I slowed right down and fortunately there was a service station just up the road. I checked the tank and immediately emptied it and everything was back to usual stability. I phoned the dealer to complain but the engineer I spoke with said that it was a matter of customer choice and that when he drove vans down to caravan shows he always had water in the tank.

If you watch YouTube videos of Eriba owners you see that some always travel with the tank full................. but that sway was enough to convince me not to. Perhaps I am getting more cautious in my dotage!

MikeT

sparrowhawk likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:35 pm

Cheers Mike I think I'll air on the side of caution

SOULBLUESMAN68 and sparrowhawk like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:37 pm

Cheers Colin thanks for the answer

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:56 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 316 Posts

I’m in the other corner; if the tank is full then there is no slosh.

Having said that, I would happily do without the internal tank as I’m quite happy with a rollerball and external pump.

We were talking to a couple from Antwerp while on holiday; they were asking why British caravans always use external tanks. I thought about it and realised it’s because uk sites hardly ever have water taps anywhere near the pitch.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:12 am
by Islay | 311 Posts

Having a tap near the van doesn't change anything. We fill ours with a jerry can! You're still transporting water to the van one way or another.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:50 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.184 Posts

Yes we're still in the jerry camp school Islay

Mike

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:34 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 316 Posts

It’s a lot easier to transport the water with an aqua roll - 6 trips with my collapsible watering can isn’t much fun when the tap is at the other end of the field.

:-)

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:20 am
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

We've always used a simple method for our water filling. As the system has been primed when we arrive on site it takes 4 watering cans to fill the tank. We use a black bucket for our waste and when we empty it at the site tap we get a fresh watering can full. After a few days it starts to run low and usually takes one or two extra cans to fill the tank. If we are away for a weekend this works out fine as we would be ready to drain the tank to go home.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:00 am
by Islay | 311 Posts

For this summer, we bought a little folding trolley. A life changer, both for transporting water as well as washing up. I seem to have a ton every day LOL.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:10 am
by Simboc2004 | 773 Posts

That's where the Wastemaster is so good - you can strap other things to the top to transport them.

And we also use an Aquaroll - so easy.

On our trip away last week we saw someone towing theirs hooked to the lowball on their car. Now that's what I call lazy... Hilarious to watch!

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:12 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 42 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107694 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2