Fridge cooling fan

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:36 pm
by Philvayro44@gmail.com | 45 Posts

The 540 troll we've just purchased as a fridge cooling fan . I've never experienced these on a caravan fridge before. My question is when would you reckon to use this fan ...and how long would you have it switched on for .

Crinkles on tour
Scroll up

RE: Fridge cooling fan

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:58 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

Phil, I have fitted cooling fans to all except one of the 5 Eriba caravans I have owned. They will draw the temperature down a few degrees, and when the air temperature hits mid to high 20's they are very useful. When we wake up, if the forecast is for such temperatures we turn the fans on. At night we usually turn them off, if we remember, but they are safe to leave on 24/7.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:53 pm

Thanks for that Colin

Crinkles on tour
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:37 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

I fitted a couple of fans and a thermostat to our fridge so it can be left switched on in hot weather. Here's a link: thermostatic fridge fans

Ready-assembled thermostats are available and would probably be cheaper than my solution.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:15 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.631 Posts

Get yourself a digital fridge thermometer, the fridge should read between 3 and 5 degrees. If you can’t maintain the desired temperature by normal adjustments with the fridge dial turn on your fans.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:54 pm

It appears our fridge fan doesn't have a thermal switch fitted only a on/off switch on the side of the sink unit
Are these fans designed to run continuous until you switch it off ie at bed time

Crinkles on tour
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:09 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 316 Posts

I need to state first of all that we have never had such a system on any of our vans, but from what I’ve read Phil, these systems seem to be home-brewed, so there is no standard implementation.

We do have a 12v cool box which is generally left outside under the canopy, and this has a similar blower fan; we NEVER leave that running at night as it keeps SWMBO awake, so I’m usually sent out in my jimjams to turn it off. :-)

Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate, no longer pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107694 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2