Omnistore Safari Room

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:20 pm
by johnf | 6 Posts

I have been working on (tinkering with) my, new to me, Triton 430. I have inherited an Omnistore pull out canopy and am considering buying side and front panels (apparently known as Rain Blockers) to make it enclosed. It seems these would work out at about £700.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of these, particularly on a 430? I have tried "searching" on here but not found a great deal. I have been wondering about how/if the sides can be fitted flush to the van. If they can't, there must be potential for draughts and rain blowing through. I have had a Vango light awning (don't remember model name) on a previous 430 that I owned. It probably did look better than the slighly "boxy" Omnistore Safari Room but I found the Vango a bit faffy to put up. Winding out the Omnistore and sliding on the extra panels seems pretty straightforward in the promo videos. The Vango also did not sit completely flush against the van.

Any thoughts, comments or experiences would be gratefully received.

John

Scroll up

RE: Omnistore Safari Room

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:20 pm
by chezmart | 186 Posts

If you are handy with a sewing machine the rain blockers can be modified to be more like a Safari Room very easily.
We have done this with our Rain Blockers on a Omnistor 6300.
Sew Awning beading down the edge of the corner panels. Then buy the Figure 8 plastic profiles to connect exactly as a Safari room. I even put zips on and made a door opening.

20230820_160448.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet

Randa france and eribaMotters like this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:21 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:55 pm
by johnf | 6 Posts

Wow Chezmart that looks really good! The sewing machine is not my weapon of choice but I do know someone that is very good with such things. How tight can you get it against your 550? Does the wind and rain still blow through? It looks a great fit from the picture. I am very impressed, thank you for sharing!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:11 pm
by chezmart | 186 Posts

There is still a gap to the van side but doesn't seem to let in much wind / rain. I have put an Eyelet in the top of each side panel adjacent to the awning rail to attach it to a small piece of beading. This pulls it against the bodyside.
I have wondered about adding some wind flaps as per the Walker awning we have. These would be easy to add and I think could then create a perfect fit against the van.
20230816_164451.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:13 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 141 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1