Staining on White waist strip

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:17 am
by Vic Choice | 1 Post

Hi Folks Im a new member. I have a 540 60th Edition which I bought from new in 2019.
After a couple of years some staining / marks stared to appear on the white waist strip, cleaning with mild soap did remove some of it but not all. Over the years it as got worse and I have tried various cleaning liquids such as meths, white spirit, toothpaste without success.
The guys at AL now Lesuire First use a commercial grade cleaner but are not allowed to tell me what it is.
Does anyone know how to clean this off.
Cheers 👍

Scroll up

RE: Staining on White waist strip

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:34 am
by pedrobedro | 13 Posts

You could try isopropyl alcohol, what is the strip made of ?

1998 Puck towed with Vitara 1.6
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:37 am
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

If you use he forum search facility then you should find a some useful information. This would make a good start:- How to clean the white plastic waistline strip.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:16 am
by zate24 | 28 Posts

Hi Vic and welcome to the club,
My missus swears by Flash multi purpose home Bicarb of Soda. It comes in a blue hand held spray and she gets it from B&M I think.
Peter

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107399 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0