Heating your Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 am
by Herby (deleted)

After waiting an age I now have a chance to buy an Eriba Puck, but it doesn't have a gas heater. I know I can buy an electric one easily, but I'm guessing this would restrict me to sites with electric hook up, as I'm assuming it couldn't run off the battery? I'm also assuming it's only larger (and more expensive sites) that have electric h/u?

I'm not sure how much of a deal-breaker this is tbh…otherwise the Puck is just what I want. How do you guys heat your Eribas?

Scroll up

RE: Heating your Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:57 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

We use a small pipe type heater we have screwed it to a piece of wood. It seems to be warm enough only uses small amount of electric tucks away small space. You can leave it on no problem and during the night on our three outings we have had to turn it off due to being to warm. Hope that helps the pucks are only tiny albeit well planned and tardis like and don't take much to heat up.
Morphy

Eriba Puck name P4 year 2000 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:42 am
by Agger (deleted)

We have a small radiator type a out £20 from B & Q but we seldom use it, we are awat pretty much all year round, this year started early Feb and will go on until late November at the moment

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

Our Triton has a Truma gas heater with 12V fan air distribution and to it I have fitted a Trumatic 500W/1KW/2KW electric element. To date we've never used the gas and although the Trumatic is supposed to be 'supplementary' heating only, it has kept the van toasty warm in January when the outside temperature fell to -6°C.

Our reasoning is that if you have paid for EHU in your site fee, you may as well use it to the full and save on gas which we keep as emergency backup for cooking, heating and refrigeration.

Did the Puck originally have a gas heater that someone has removed? If so one could easily be retro-fitted. If not, a small electric fan or oil-filled heater should do the trick but you will need a pitch with EHU to run it.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:49 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:27 pm
by Herby (deleted)

Thanks, you lot are always so helpful :-)

Aaron Calder and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:49 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

Thanks, Herby. We do our best. Good luck with the search.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:12 pm
by popey (deleted)

Just got back from Crowborough, Camping and Caravan site in Kent, cost of three night with electricity £57-00, used a 700w camping electric fan heater,<which also blows cold air> heated my awning like toast in 5mins, which in turn heated my Puck, but we found the Pucks are so snug, a heater in them might be to much.
Popey

P.S. The fan heater cost about £18-00 from Camping International

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:01 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

The heater is certainly not a deal breaker, in my old Puck we didn't have a heater. We used a mini filled oil radiator, it was more than warm enough and it was safe to leave on overnight. They are very quiet and only kick in when the thermostat temp is reached. If you measure your small cupboard under your wardrobe you should be able to find one that fits under when not in use. I could get my portapotti and my mini radiator under there. This one from Argos is about the same size.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4152291.htm

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:00 pm
by Herby (deleted)

Thanks again everyone. Paid my deposit :-) Hope to collect the week after next. :-)

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:13 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Well done Herby I really hope you enjoy your times in your new Eriba

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:47 am
by bogbean (deleted)

I am thinking of removing the gas Trumatic heater from my Puck L as I never use it. Not sure how easy or sensible this is? I always have EHU and use an oil filled radiator if necessary. So.... there might be a Trumatic heater going spare if anyone is interested.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107399 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0