Cut a hole in your cover ?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:44 am
by Paul (deleted)

I like to keep our troll connected to hook up, so battery is topped up, heater on etc. Since having a cover and keeping a nice tight fit I can no longer do this without risking damage. Has anyone been bold enough to make a hole with flap in their cover ? . Paul.

Scroll up

RE: Cut a hole in your cover ?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:27 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

Paul
I suffer from the same problem. Mine is an AL cover on a 430. At the moment I have managed to get the hookup in with the cover in place - my cover has just enough slack to accommodate the hookup but it does stick out a little - the cable out the back of the plug keeps the cover away from the sharp corners of the flap covering the hookup point. The hookup has been in place for months and appears not to have damaged the cover - and we've had some pretty high winds of late. When the weather gets better I plan to get a gusseted flap installed for the hookup point as well as one for the WC toilet waste. We slept in the van over Xmas - had a house full, with the caravan cover still on - we had to partially remove the cover to access the loo box.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:44 pm
by Paul (deleted)

I'm concerned about the plastic flap, it looks fragile. Are you going to do the job ? Good luck, I will await to see how you got on. Paul.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:06 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.629 Posts

My cover is on my Famil 320 and it s also connected to the mains, I use some pipe insulation around the flap. I have done this for the last four winters with no chafing to the cover.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 7 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12788 topics and 107409 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1