Electric Element Upgrade!

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Well final bits arrived today was just waiting for remote thermostat, all put back together. I am glad to report all is working well its a bit fiddly to do but once you get your head around it. There is not a lot of room in the fire to work but its worth doing. Now no need to carry electric fire with the lead all over the place it was always in the way. Anyone going to have a go, for the thermostat it states drill hole 55mm but I used a 56mm hole cutter this gives it slightly more room and a little more air around thermostat. It did not interfere with the screwing of the thermostat to the wood either.

I did put on as advised by Brian to put on remote thermostat as well due to the location of the wall thermostat being on the side of the wardrobe which is above the fire.

I agree with some of the comments made on this topic, how much for the electric pack V how much gas would that buy! But if I am on EHU then I want to get the most out of that (tight bugger), Also only have a small bottle of gas don't want to carry any more and don't want to spend all my time worrying how much left. Now if electric goes off I have gas back up and have just bought new battery so lights no problem sorted.

Thanks to Brian (Aaron Calder) and JohnE for giving me the confidence and information when requested to tackle the job.

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.

eribanaut, Aaron Calder and thecolliss like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:49 pm | Scroll up

RE: Electric Element Upgrade!

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:19 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.830 Posts

Well done, Steve!

It is a bit daunting at first but once you get stuck in, it's pretty straightforward. I second your reasoning and can confirm that I'm still on the same Calorlight bottle that I bought in 2011 when I bought the caravan.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:51 pm
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

Murphy, can you direct me to the relevant element blog..many thanks

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:11 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Hiya go to page two and look for the topic Truma-Heater-which-model-do-I-have. This will start you off then after that go to the search on here put in electric fire you will finds some more information there. Look for anything including Truma Ultraheat you will have to make sure which model of fire you have.

If you go for it follow instructions and advise to the letter and you wont go wrong. There are people on this forum will help you and if you want private message me I will give you my mobile if it helps. I really understand when you can not just get your head around something a little help sometimes is really appreciated.

As for the kit you will find it at different prices but it is all the same kit starting around £250 (OUCH!). I was lucky a guy on ebay was selling one brand new for £200 I offered £160 and he accepted. He had bought it for his caravan and then sold caravan before he had chance to fit. The kit comes with the O ring but I bought one as the one in the kit was blue and the ones I had seen had all been orange. The other thing I bought was the remote thermostat advise I had received and while its all out its easy to add.
Good luck.

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.
thecolliss likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Just remembered I will see you at the meet I can show you and talk you through what I did there if it helps.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:34 pm

Many thanks see you there....

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 pm

ULTRA HEAT Fitted & working took about 5hrs....just need to soap the gas re-connection.
Thanks to Aaron for the pics & Steve for the walkthrough at the Summer meet.

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:40 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Good job.
Why was the gas disconnected? I thought it was an all electric job
TonyP

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Gas fire has to be removed to enable the electric fire to be fitted..simple

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107570 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0