Floor mat

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:26 pm
by Randa france | 13.186 Posts

Our Eriba has never had carpets but it does have a really good quality original vinyl floor which we are quite proud of. Great for the summer but a little cold underfoot at other times in the year.

Last Spring, Lidl were selling 1500mm long x 600mm wide non-slip dash type rolls of matting in light grey with white pattered edges. As they were cheap we bought two to try out which we did two weeks ago in Hereford. They are brilliant and the floor is warm underfoot yet the rolls are easy to remove for cleanng. We had to shape one of them slightly, to fit around the projecting washroom area. Only drawback is the join as we used 2 x 1500mm long ones (only option). Perhaps some gaffer tape on the underside?

This is the type of materialdash mat.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)but it seems we were rather lucky as I've not been able to source anything similar at 600mm wide.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: Floor mat

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:54 pm
by Randa france | 13.186 Posts

OK I've been a bit lazy on two counts.

a) I've been sorting out a few bits in the van today so have dragged in some mucky bits.

b) Couldn't be bothered to get the camera to take a photo of the real thing.

Therefore, I've just photographed a bit of it but have not tidied up. IMG_3975_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

How strange you should mention that matting. We bought a yellow strip some years ago and have put it into service this last week or so.
Whilst daytime temps have been creeping up to 32c here in France it is as low as 8c at night and the matting has proved very nice underfoot.
I also noticed it for sale here in one of the large supermarkets for 6? euro a metre length at 65cm wide.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:19 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Aldi near us sell boot size sheets of that non-slip stuff a couple of times a year. I cut the sheet into two halves and lay them down on the floor of the van onto which the awning is then put during travel. Works a treat up to now with the awning always staying put. As these sheets are so cheap I tend to lay them down during periods when the van is in storage so that I don't have to remove my shoes each time I enter the van.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:27 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

It looks like the older type of awning matting ? I have some that is rubbery and allows the grass to breathe, and doesn't slip.
As I leave the bed set up, maybe I can find enough to put in front of the sink on top of the cold Lino ?

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 5 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107570 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1