Help

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:30 pm
by Edna III (deleted)

Our new Eriba is due for collection in a couple of weeks. (our 3rd). However its been a couple of years since the last one and the car has been changed. Same make and model car but I have had a detachable Westfallia tow bar fitted. I have just inspected the 13 pin socket and I have started panicking. I distinctly remember the old assembly allowing for a push and twist connection. The newly fitted 13 pin does not appear to be of a design capable of doing this…. I have attached a pic.

To coin a phrase am I up the preverbal without a paddle…..

Expert advice please…..thanking you in anticipation

Ray

20180328_175119.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Help

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

If it is a recent socket, then it will be push and twist and the folding cover will also act as a clip to stop the plug coming out.
If not it shouldn't be too difficult to re wire a suitable replacement, just remove the plastic socket from the the metal plate it is mounted on, take a photo of the way it is wired up and then wire it into the new one.
These hold no fear from me, my father, when I was young, was forever unhitching but forgetting to unplug resulting in hours of fun rewiring the "bare wires pulled from the plug" without a diagram.At least the permutations in those days were less with less pins in the plugs/ sockets. Happy days!!

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:18 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.101 Posts

Just had a look at my Westfalia detachable fitted 1 year ago and it looks the same. Mine definitely twists to fit .

DSC03171.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

Ray,
the twist bit is on the cable from the van, not the car. Don't panic.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:25 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I don't think there's such a thing as a straight push fit 13 pin, indeed I believe the plug/socket is an EU regulation design.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 pm
by Edna III (deleted)

Phew…..thanks all..my mind is at rest….now busy making sure everything else is ready

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 6 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107570 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2