Sod's, Murphy's or perhaps Morphy's

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:24 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

The law I am going on about.

Got things ready for the mobile van man to arrive this afternoon to sort out the gas to light the fridge. All connected and I thought I would try it.

B*g*e* me it fired up first time. I turned it off in disbelief and tried it again and it did the same. I tried it several times and it worked. What is going on?

I tried to light it as a thing to do, just checking sort of thing - as you do, before we put the winter covers on months ago, about October I guess and it would not light even with the magic touch of Carole. Bear in mind it hasn't been lit at all, gas or electric since the autumn of 2012 and that would be a rare occurence as we are usually on EHU.

Rather than cancel the mobile man I will get him to sort out the mystery of the10amp fuse that failed on the water system and make sure that box is all OK. That is all ready for him too including new fuses I bought this week.

Sorry Morphy if I am branding you as a bringer of bad news.

My first railway painting and commission
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

RE: Sod's, Murphy's or perhaps Morphy's

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:37 pm
by crow (deleted)

Interesting, systems left to their own devices sulk, it is a well known fact in maintenance circles.

http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueri.../0,,-16,00.html

Last edited Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 pm | Scroll up

RE: Sod's, Murphy's or perhaps Morphy's

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:52 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Yes, he came and stated he was not the slightest bit surprised at either fault. Checked everything and went away with a very small fee for his troubles. It was the same guy that spent a lot of time on the fridge a few years back with a new burner and something else, nice guy though.

My first railway painting and commission
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 88 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0