Cutlery drawer fell out, how do we fix it?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:22 pm
by eribacarpenter (deleted)

So when we got home and went inside the van all the cutlery was on the floor and the drawer broken in two bits. Front panel detached from main plastic piece. Obviously forgot to lock it! Thing is we can't see how it's supposed to work as there is only one drawer in our Triton. A few bits of plastic were left on the floor but we don't know where they should go. Does anyone know how to fix the front back on the drawer or is it possible to get a replacement? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Scroll up

RE: Cutlery drawer fell out, how do we fix it?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm
by Toilingtroll (deleted)

A photo would really really help. My Troll cutlery drawer is obviously not a Triton Drawer but often construction ideas repeat across models. My drawer has all 4 sides of plastic, the front plastic side is then screwed to the wooden drawer front. The plastic bits all clip together. Sometimes those clip joints (no pun intended) fail, they might split or loose something, as mine did. Can you match the left and a right sides, then a back and a front? That might be the beginnings of saving the drawer. Are there any forensic clues? For example all the plastic sides might be grooved to be 'universal' for construction ease, but only the left and right side grooves will show sliding marks/wear. That will help orientate them. If the screws attaching the drawer front to the inner plastic have pulled through an oversized washer might bridge the hole. If you get the drawer back together, to prevent it coming apart again you could try super glue run into the joints. Don't forget to ensure the drawer bottom is in!! Let it all dry before you put it back in. Sorry this might seem a bit vague but I'd hope it might lead towards a fix. BTW my onboard tool kit, apart from tools it has all sorts of screws, slip ties, washers, super glue and epoxy resin in it. They almost always allow me to fix interior furniture problems. In the photo gallery section I've posted tool box pictures. Also in the photo gallery are pictures of my new style kitchen drawer dividers. Good Luck.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi thank you for the in depth reply.
I'm very grateful. We bought all the bits home as the van is not stored at home but plan to go and reassemble it all in the van and look for other debris tomorrow. Superglue definitely worth taking with us. 😊

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

When you get it all back together you might be able to fit a simple "turn button" similar to this one I made for stopping the very same problem on my last van, a 2006 Familia.

t_fridge fans switch + cutlery drawer turn button-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
cruickie and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:42 pm
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

Zitat
Quote Toilingtroll:- My Troll cutlery drawer is obviously not a Triton Drawer but often construction ideas repeat across models. My drawer has all 4 sides of plastic, the front plastic side is then screwed to the wooden drawer front. The plastic bits all clip together. Sometimes those clip joints (no pun intended) fail, they might split or loose something, as mine did

Same here.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:51 pm

Good idea. Thanks

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:53 pm

drawer photo

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 19.02.28.png 

Last edited Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Photo of plastic drawer with clips which should line up with front but seem impossible to remove.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 15515529234841234433285.jpg 

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:05 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

will have a look at ours tomorrow to see if there are any obvious screws holding things together.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Very kind of you. 😊

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:39 am

Horray!!!!

More determined efforts to release the side clips with brute force and a long thin screwdriver early this morning seem to have worked. We have connected the front drawer panel to the drawer with some certainty and now just have to check the the runners(?) are still all working in the van and that there its a way to keep it closed when travelling. Another caravaning lesson learned!

Really chuffed by the instant and generous help offered by our fellow eriba folk on this forum. Thank you so much. Cheers!

Randa france, Eribanut and Doonhamer like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:49 am
by Toilingtroll (deleted)

Hi, very glad to see/hear you're on the way to being sorted, I always figure that if you start to grapple with a difficulty you have a realistic chance of fixing something by the mere fact you're willing to try, and the more you do of that the better you get at it! Sorry I've been away (sadly not in our Troll) but perhaps one of those drawer child safety latches might do the trick, again good luck!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 16, 2022 3:44 pm
by Slim Arion (deleted)

Hi, I know it is over 3 years since this subject was raised but now in 2022 I still found the final answer useful to fix my similar problem.

Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1