Troll 530 weight distribution

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:59 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

Any troll owners give me advice about weight distribution/noseweight when using the under fixed bed storage? Do you struggle to get a positive noseweight?

Scroll up

RE: Troll 530 weight distribution

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.500 Posts

It will be similar to our Triton 430 and the Troll 540. We travel with chairs under the bed and just a few heavy things. If the front seat lockers are full or we have a bike on the front we do not have a problem. The awning is sometimes outside the bathroom door and other times at the front or back. You will need to alter your loading depending upon how full you are travelling.This is where the premium jockey wheel with built in nose weight gauge is a real bonus.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:35 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

We had a Triton with double dinette and frequently struggled to get a positive noseweight so I’m double concerned about using an underbed storage on the Troll

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:00 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

We don’t tend to have issues with nose weight even with underbed storage, as we store the awning at the front and if necessary fill the toilet flush tank and as Colin says the introduction of well positioned folding chairs seems to sort things out.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:27 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.033 Posts

It's always an issue and you just have to be aware that just because the fixed rear beds provide a large storage area underneath doesn't mean you have to use it all.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:54 pm
by Skoderiba | 211 Posts

I carry a 20ltr water container ( water for the toilet flush) in the front gas locker on my Troll, fill as necessary to achieve around 50kg noseweight.

Fortibus es in Ero
Alan likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:57 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

I struggle a bit with 50kg and mine tows better with 65kg nose weight

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12783 topics and 107361 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8