RE: Truma retrofit? (news about current builds)

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:09 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: Simboc2004 wrote in post #14
Can you fit an Ultraheat element to a 2005 Truma gas heater?
Your Truma heater will be the S3002 - so yes, the Ultraheat is designed for this model.

Quote: Simboc2004 wrote in post #14
Do you have to have the blown heating installed?
From the Ultraheat operating instructions:

Generally, heating operation is possible also without fan regardless of operating mode (gas or additional heater).
However, in order to ensure that the warm air is distributed evenly and quickly and to lower the surface temperature
of the cover, we recommend that you operate the S-heater/Ultraheat with the fan running and a warm air system at all times.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:25 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

I like to use the Ultraheat mainly at night on very low tick over, I wouldn’t be very confident leaving my gas fire on overnight, especially in the Familia as the gas fire is next to the bed

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Magpie likes this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:48 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.163 Posts

when we ordered our Troll 540GT in 2015 we were tenters and not worldly in the ways of caravans. As such we had only a gas heater and no blown air fitted- we simply didn't understand what we needed.

We were really disappointed when we realised what we had got and didn't really like the gas heater at all. Despite extending the chimney flue I reckoned that there was always a slight smell of fumes.

We do use the van sometimes in winter but have not really used the gas heater or the gas option on the hot water heater much at all.

Our solution that works really well is a small oil-filled radiator with a thermostat to give us background heat. When the temperature really drops we use a fan heater with a thermostat, after experimenting first with a halogen heater.

We have made the decision to always get an EHU on site. So now the only time we use gas is for the hob but we don't use this very often , preferring to use our Ramoska.

I think my stance would be similar to Ray's above but from a different direction - you can buy a lot of oil-filled radiators and fan heaters for over £300.....!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:49 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:05 am
by Old Rocker | 526 Posts

Just received this e mail

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Screenshot_20221019-110420_Yahoo Mail.jpg 

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be

Poptop320 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:06 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:47 am
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

In 10+ years of (3 different) Eriba ownership we have used our gas Truma heater once only - and that was this April on a chilly night. What a faff having to add the chimney extension. Personally, I would happily remove the Truma, the chimney and all the gas piping and vent tubing and save that weight, then just use an oil filled radiator if needed. You would gain space in the wardrobe too... Then I'd reconfigure it all and build in a microwave and a larger fridge... Those, at least, would get used all the time. It seems madness to haul something around that you never use and that needs safety checking every year as well.... Harrumph - rant over

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:08 pm
by Old Rocker | 526 Posts

Just had a pleasant 3 nights on the Wirral which enabled the lovely JohnE to fit my German sourced Ultraheat. What a difference it makes even on the lowest setting. Thank you John

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:38 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.163 Posts

Glad that you are so pleased with it
MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1