Footprints in the snow (again)

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 29, 2024 6:27 pm
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

I know this topic is close to our beloved leader, Aaron Calder's heart.
I'm talking about campsites that still fit Turkish toilets in their sanitieres. This is not meant to be cultural issue but when I'm sitting minding my own business and in contemplation mode there's very little activity taking place in the cubicles where there's a hole in the ground.

I'm taking advantage of the fact that I still have a gigabit of data left that I must use or lose in the next two days.

I would suggest that people of my age and flexibility are not able to use them properly so why fit them?

This question goes out to the ladies of the group too because although we remember when our ladies could squat down for a pee in the countryside I think I might be correct in thinking it's far more difficult as they get older.

On the campsites that still use them I would consider 2 out of 5 cubicles have them fitted and that's as well as urinals still fitted in the Gents room.

I would be grateful for your comments.
Yours truly
Bashful.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Wed May 29, 2024 6:31 pm | Scroll up

RE: Footprints in the snow (again)

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 30, 2024 7:52 am
by Islay | 294 Posts

Won't go near them LOL. My knees are past it.
One of the funniest things was staying on a campsite in Salers where there was a quite modern loo block. I installed myself only to realise that next door was a turkish style with a very large gap between the wall and the floor. I got a view that I have been unble to "unsee".

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
FINNWOODY, Simboc2004, Randa france and addisb like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 30, 2024 6:00 pm
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

The mind boggles

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 31, 2024 1:43 pm
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

We call them "squat thrusts" in our family and have many amusing tales. My wife won't use them (understandably), but then she won't use a "normal" toilet cubicle if it has no roof, which makes acceptable campsites quite hard to find... And autoroute Aires...

I posted on here once before about my memories of the toilets at the municipal camping site at Marrakech in Morocco many years ago. Time has not really dulled the anguish of that experience...

This is why we will only buy a caravan with onboard loo...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri May 31, 2024 1:45 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0