Brake lights stuck on

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:47 pm
by Islay | 311 Posts

Hi everyone. I've done a search but I can't find anyone who has had the same problem. When we plug the caravan into the car, the brake lights come on at the back of the van and won't go off! We have a brake light on the car that needs a bulb changing. Is there any possibility that this could have an effect on the caravan? I'm going to get it fixed tomorrow. The plug is fairly new...... Any suggestions welcome.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

RE: Brake lights stuck on

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:55 pm
by scouteralf | 123 Posts

could be an earth fault on the wiring, I would check plug and socket on caravan and car.

troll 530GT pushing Skoda Karoq (petrol)
Islay likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:33 pm
by Randa france | 13.204 Posts

Didn't realise that the brake lights on the Eriba were stuck on Islay. That's what we saw when we followed you this morning.
That is a strange one especially as you say you've had a new car plug on fitted.
As an old dinosaur who uses two 7 pin plugs car to van I always link the separate tail lights and brake lights leads together so that if one power lead fails the other one kicks in.
Not sure what happens on 13 pin however.
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Islay likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:35 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:05 pm
by Islay | 311 Posts

When a couple of people have said that the blown bulb on the car brake light could be the culprit. The Renault garage changed it for me - free of charge, I add! and told me to try connecting the caravan up to see if it does the trick. We'll go and see her on Wednesday.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:35 am
by Islay | 311 Posts

Update. Our garage changed the lightbulb in the car and we went to test it with the caravan and we think it has resolved the problem. One brake lightbulb on the van isn't working, Yann will change that then we'll do a final test. Hope this helps in case anyone else has this problem.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107695 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2