Eriba door

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:37 pm
by scouteralf | 122 Posts

just a warning and warning ti everyone because this has happened to me three time now and I know others have been caught out with the same problem.

Loading stuff into our Troll prior to our week in Northumberland we were fortunately inside our Troll when a small gust of wind blew the door shut, yep the door locked shut had we been on the outside and the key inside well i dread to think.

As i said this is the third time now, first time we were lucky the kitchen window was slightly open so we could just reach the lock.

Always keep a spare key in your pocket even if your just sitting outside, the locking latch on the door can only go up when closed heavily, hence locking .

troll 530GT pushing Skoda Karoq (petrol)
SharonMcN likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba door

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:02 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

It came as a nasty surprise to me that it can happen when I was on the receiving end a few years ago. Mine was a 2017 van. I tried to see if it would also happen on my 2022/23 Feeling and it will not. I'm not sure if Hymer/Eriba have rectified this issue on the newer vans.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:47 pm
by Simboc2004 | 749 Posts

I, too, have had this happen - and, luckily, the kitchen window was open. I'm always very careful with key locations when we are away... Famous last words?

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:20 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 302 Posts

It’s not just Eribas; the same fittings are used on many white boxes with similar results.
We had a worrying time getting back into the brother in laws van , which involved a fishing rod and a wheelie bin.

-Could have been wheelie bad!

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:14 am
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

It happy to me a few years ago, I also have a spare key

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:02 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 302 Posts

Maybe that’s why they come with 3 keys?
1 each and 1 for the car!

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

Prior to my lock out I'd got into the habit of hiding a key on my van. I used to put a spare key in a small plastic container, wrap in a plastic bag and then aluminium gaffer tape to the top of the axle or chassis. If you pocked around underneath you could not see it.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:04 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.169 Posts

We had a similar post in the past to Alf's and Colin mentioned the hidden spare key idea. I thought it such a good idea that last year on our way to a long stay in Norfolk we stooped off just outside Grantham to meet up with an old friend.

I said to Kath about Colin's good idea and we searched out a locksmith and had two spares made. Good plan except he was on his dinner and we had to come back and it seemed to take him an age to do them. We got back to the car park and muggins hadn't read the car park instructions carefully enough and we got a £60 fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggested to Kath that Colin might want to stump up half of the fine as it was his idea - but Kath was adamant that Colin wasn't at fault in any way but it was down to me. Or perhaps it was Mrs T's revenge as I said some rude words to her statue a short time earlier.

We now keep a spare key taped to the inside of the cover of the outside electric socket on our 540 but since then the door hasn't slammed itself shut.....

MikeT

eribaMotters and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:13 pm
by Simboc2004 | 749 Posts

I used to do that with previous caravans - a timely reminder before we go away again...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:52 pm
by AlanC | 104 Posts

I have a spare door key in a magnetic watertight box hidden outside the van just for situations like this.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107398 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6