Disco lights

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:24 pm
by Old Rocker | 528 Posts

One of the bathroom touch lights has gone rogue on and off when it decides to, weather is very strange in SWFrance hot one day rainy cold and damp for the next 2 or 3, repeat. Does the weather conditions affect them?
Looked at previous threads on the same problem and just 1 question, been looking at trying to pull the light out but it seems very firmly fixed, is it just a case of pulling harder to extract them?

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies

Last edited Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:25 pm | Scroll up

RE: Disco lights

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:02 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.504 Posts

The weather should not really affect them, but some have found they do not like the steam from cooking. I think the problem is they are just crap. From memory when I replaced mine [some for the second time] with those that the dealer sent out I seem to recall teasing the centre led section out. This then gave access to the screws holding the surround in place. The lights wiring has bullet fittings on the ends.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Old Rocker likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Disco lights

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:16 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

If your bathroom lights are the same as mine they are flush fitting, I changed the one out over the bed which is the same fitting . It’s fixed in with butterfly spring clips and just need a firm tug to get them out.
Kool classics sell a similar light, however I found some dimmable touch lights on eBay cheaper.

https://www.koolclassics.com/product/led-light-recessed

Flush touch light

I am just changing out the light which is in a housing under the cabinet , this needs the centre plucking out.

Changing out the touch lights

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Old Rocker likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:50 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107394 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3