Tow Bar Electrics

in We've got it down to a T Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:59 pm
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

I came across this website today and thought it may be useful to add to this forum. Good, clear diagrams etc

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/advice-centre/...-electrics.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:00 pm | Scroll up

RE: Tow Bar Electrics

in We've got it down to a T Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:46 pm
by AlanC | 104 Posts

Last year I was testing the car socket with a multi-meter to see if the 12vDC permanent live feed was working. I thought it wasn't, although the fridge seems to keep cool when towing and switched to the right setting.

This diagram was the one I worked from and I was very puzzled. I put this all down the the way car battery charging has changed.

Now I see that the wiring diagram is as viewed from the rear!!!! Dooh!

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:48 pm | Scroll up

RE: Tow Bar Electrics

in We've got it down to a T Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

Back in 2019 when I collected my new Audi with factory towbar and full 13 pin I suspected the feed to caravan battery and fridge was not working. The garage used a test board (I'd heard reports this check would not work) and said all was OK, but it was not. I then seem to recall you cannot check directly on the 13 pin contacts at the car as a load needs to be induced to get the system to work. It was JohnE who then pointed me in the direction of the terminals on my blue electrics box where I needed to put my meter probes.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:13 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 169 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1