UK Campsite Prices

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:54 pm
by Randa france | 13.204 Posts

Flabbergasted at the price they charge for camping in the UK.

It would seem that every decent campsite is taking advantage of the fact that it's more difficult to get abroad nowadays. We've looked around at campsites within an hour or so of our home to try out our Puck and we are either seeing that they are not advertising their prices until you pursue the Booking Menu at which point you're being asked for around £40 per night, many not including EHU price or there is ambiguity in their price lists like our old favourites at Fforest Fields who, on paper, look to be marginally cheaper than the rest until you ask the question about EHU at which point you are told electric is an additional £8.00 a day

Now I hope you'll forgive me for saying that I think these prices are aimed at the Motor Home market that have every electrical appliance under the sun fitted into their vans. It would appear that the C & MHC are not necessarily the leaders in charging ridiculous prices any more.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

RE: UK Campsite Prices

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:10 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.184 Posts

Hi Randa
Would agree with you. We have booked onto a non-club site that we have used every year for the past 5. We had to book late this year and it is at the end of August but I was stunned to be quoted £44 a night - probably £6-8 more than usually has been. They only have 10 hardstandings with EHU and most are used by motorhomes, so your point might be true. Also I priced up a C & C Club site in the Lakes for a fortnights time and was astonished at how much they wanted to charge me for a site that only has 3 showers and toilets in the mens. I got a C & M Club site nearby for some £70 cheaper................!

Last season I commented on how quiet Club sites seem to be. Due to the house being re-roofed this week was our first outing. We went to the excellent C & M Club site in Southport from Sunday to this morning and we were stunned at just how half empty the site was by Monday morning. Are they outpricing themselves? Of these I would say only about a third were caravans.

We shall see

MikeT

Randa france and Dockmur like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

In the past I have noticed that adults only sites are frequently cheaper than the norm. Could be worth a look here https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ and using the filters to identify such sites in the area of your choice.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:11 pm
by Bryn | 1.022 Posts

We have stayed in 1 x site in Evesham and 3 in Cornwall near St Agnes this year at an average of £30, the Evesham site we have just returned from was clean, good facilities easy access etc £30 inc. One we are off to next week ( Chacewater Park, no kids) £155 for 7 nights inc £2 per day electric usage, have we just been lucky perhaps?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:06 pm
by Simboc2004 | 773 Posts

We're off to Devon next week and we are staying at Salisbury Hillside CMC on the way down and coming back (£30.70 per night inc. electricity, on a grass pitch with awning) then Modbury CMC whilst we are there (£31.50 per night, inc electricity, on a hardstanding pitch with awning). Not too bad, we thought.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:08 pm

Yes. Get to August and you can easily pay £50/55 a night for two with electric. As a comparison we stayed outside St Ives in My at as bout £32, which would rise to £56 in August. A site we like on the Roseland Peninsula would be £30 and £35 for the same periods.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:27 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.184 Posts

Our end of July booking in Kendal with C & M C has cost us £36 a night with hardstanding & EHU which we are OK with - it is when it hits over £40 that I get twitchy, especially when I can get a Travelodge room for £39

MikeT

Simboc2004 and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:50 pm
by Randa france | 13.204 Posts

We are currently staying on a CL near Whitchurch and Wrexham. Bradley Hall. Only one shower and one toilet and a request from the owners to pay £1 per shower as they've not put their prices up.
£19 a night incl hook up.
That's better. A lovely farm campsite too with chickens the size of dinosaurs.
Now if these guys can do it why can't others?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
eribaMotters, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Stan Doori like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:43 pm
by Stan Doori | 223 Posts

This is why we like Camping and Caravanning CSs. We've just returned from one. Great showers and washing up facilities, loads of room, beautiful views, £25 per night!!!

Triton 430 1997 Jubilé
Volvo V70 D5 2006
Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:59 pm

It is still frightening though Stan when you have just returned from France. At this time of year the sites there are still charging about £15-£18 a night. You get a nice pitch, electric, frequently free wi-fi, a bar, restaurant, shop, pool etc.

Colin

Stan Doori, Miniman, Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:21 pm
by AlanC | 107 Posts

We were staying at a private site in Morpeth last week and paid £20 per night plus £5 a day for electric hook-up compared to the Chatsworth MCC site at £46 per night and a CC site at Wolverly at £30.00 per night with a pensioners discount.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Stan Doori, Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:28 am
by Stan Doori | 223 Posts

Don't think we'll be going to any big club sites any more. They were convenient when the kids were small but they're ridiculously expensive now.
I hadn't realised that French sites were such good value. And it being France, you know you're going to get looked after food, drink and weatherwise! Need to get over there someday....

Triton 430 1997 Jubilé
Volvo V70 D5 2006
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:20 pm
by Old Rocker | 528 Posts

Don't count on the weather!

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:59 pm
by Captain Calamity | 357 Posts

Poplars Farm campsite in Derbyshire. Only five pitches but good facilities and super friendly. Pub with good food within walking distance and lots to do in that area. £20 per night and electricity metered and paid at cost (This time of year that’s a couple of quid). There are good value sites out there!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107694 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0