Parking in oban while waiting for ferry

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:16 pm
by monoboard | 359 Posts

Hi Folk's. does anyone know what parking with a caravan at Oban while waiting for the mull ferry is like? i don't like cutting it tight in case of punctures, traffic jams etc so i might have 2 or 3 hrs to wait but trying to read the website, the cut off appears to be 30 mins before sailing and wouldn't want to park to far out & then have people who weren't booked on in front of me & miss my booking

Scroll up

RE: Parking in oban while waiting for ferry

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:50 pm
by Randa france | 13.204 Posts

We've not used the ferry out of Oban but there is a big Tesco with public carpark alongside and also a Lidl in the town.

Check them out on Google maps.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:44 pm
by Captain Calamity | 357 Posts

Lots of people, including us, use the rear Tesco car park off Lynn Road. It’s always very quiet and you will usually find a few vans parked up waiting for the ferry.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:15 pm
by Bryn | 1.022 Posts

You could stop in Connel and have a drink, 6 miles to Oban and "The Falls of Lora" is a nice place to eat

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:21 pm
by monoboard | 359 Posts

Thanks for all the ideas, i was a little concerned about how long before I join the que, cut off time is 30 minutes & I would normally have gone for 1 hr before but when I rang calmac this afternoon they say there’s not much room/parking ready to board as there’s supposedly a boat going every 55 minutes according to them which doesn’t give you long to hit the queue just right before they sell your slot as a didn’t turn up because there’s 20 vehicles in front on their parking

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107694 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2