Puck Bed Extension

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:26 pm
by tanky | 1 Post

My Puck Bed extension brass continuous hinge has rusted and the screws just turn in the wood and cannot hold the flap any longer. I can turn the flap upside down and re-connect the hinge again but I wonder if a wider hinge would be better.
Also if I wanted to replace the extension with a new one where could I get the same wood

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 ext puck bed.jpg 

Scroll up

RE: Puck Bed Extension

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:48 pm
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

So much for it being brass! Obviously just brassed steel. What width is it? I have a lot of lengths of stainless steel continuous hinge and i'd be happy to let you have a length if that helped? (I once needed one length, but had to buy 20...) All I need to know is the width and length - the hinge I have has no screw holes in so it can be drilled to fit - shifting the mounting holes would enable the original wood to be reused. Let me know if that's off any interest.

Simon

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:02 pm
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

I'm wondering if it's the pin that's steel and the hinge flanges are brass? Here's what it's like on our Puck.

Bed extension.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bed extension 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:41 am
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

Check it with a magnet - it's the only way to tell - brass-coated steel is very common Lots of brass bedsteads are steel tubes with brass sheet wrapped around the steel. And a lot of "brass" screws today are coated steel - particularly crosshead screws. Much cheaper to make and looks good until it gets wet...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:47 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 158 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0