outdoor fridge

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:57 am
by Rampant_Weasel | 14 Posts

ive seen these discussed before but cant find the thread, can everyone recomend the best outdoor fridges please, i remember someone recomended one that worked perfectly in the south of france but cant remember the makes or anything.silent running ones preferably

Last edited Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:01 am | Scroll up

RE: outdoor fridge

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:59 am
by Islay | 294 Posts

This one seems to be very popular over here. https://www.amazon.fr/VEVOR-R%C3%A9frig%...21804209&sr=8-5

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:20 am
by Doonhamer | 82 Posts

You can hire fridges from many campsites in the south of France. We did this once when the kids used to come with us & then bought a cheap under counter fridge from Currys & took that with us for a few years. Now that it's just the 2 of us we manage with the onboard fridge.

2001 Super Puck chasing a Skoda Kamiq
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:25 am
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

We've had an Electrolux 3 way top loading fridge for 20 years and use it often, outside the Eriba or, quite often, it just sits in the boot and is useful for storing bottles of booze. Never use it on gas or battery, always 240 v.

Also, when we were camping we used to take a common or garden counter top fridge (Currys or the like) and although it was obviously shut down between camping stops, it retained its coolness long enough to keep the contents fresh. When we converted to an Erina (which has a built in fridge) we swapped the counter top fridge for a counter top freezer which served and still does serve the same purpose. When switched off, it retains its qualities for at least 10 hours just as your kitchen dreezer would in the event of a power cut.

You shouldn't move normally aspired fridges and freezers I hear you say. We have for over 20 years with no ill effects.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:28 am
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

We used to carry a separate table top fridge and a matching freezer side by side in the boot of our Yeti. I sold thses when I bought a one unit does it all.
You are looking for a 230/12v unit. On 230v it can pull the contents down to -15c, whilst on 12v it will reduce temperature by 20c, so greta for plugging into car electrics between sites. The size is commonly 35/40L
I've tried searching back through the forum, but the links I've found are now out of date. Try an internet search looking at Combicool, Hybridcool, Tristar etc as the unit is marketed by many suppliers and rebadged. Expect to pay about £300.

Colin

Edit - I've just found the one we have- https://www.campingandleisure.co.uk/tris...ool-box-fridge/

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:31 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:40 am
by Rampant_Weasel | 14 Posts

Thanks Colin that's great,those manufacturers ring a bell.i have one already but it only cools to 25 below ambient which is fine for UK but not really hot in France.i shall check out the current range.thanks again

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:22 pm
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

We have a 40 litre, top opening Dometic CombiCool 3 way (gas, 240v, 12v) table top fridge that is excellent. We use it at home all year as a drinks fridge (it's very smart in silver) and then take it away when doing an extended, hotter weather camp. This one I have never used on gas, but the earlier, similar Electrolux (now called Dometic) one (that I had in an earlier life) was always used on gas when camping, to great effect. They cost new around £400-£450 and seem to fetch around £300 second hand.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:10 am
by Frantone | 111 Posts

Check out Alpicool T50 (on Amazon).
Compressor fridge or fridge and freezer. 12v or 240v.

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:54 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

We also have the Alpicool used for two years now all good so far.

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Frantone and Doonhamer like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:11 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.163 Posts

Like Doonhamer, when we were tenters, we usually used to hire a fridge freezer from the sites we camped on in France. It was never very expensive for a week and was great for a family of four. It always looked weird just standing on the pitch on its own when we took the tent down and left.

Now we are just the two of us the fridge freezer in the Troll gives ample space & we currently don't plan to take it to France or Spain so the temp is not a big problem. We are taking the grandchilden with us to the coast soon and will supplement the Eriba fridge with a portable camping fridge in the awning, that we got from Aldi when we were tenters. This is OK for chilling drinks but it has a bit of a noisey fan.

I think if we did decide to go abroad again for a 3 week trip we would invest in one you are talking about.

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 74 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0