Mini oven lidl

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:14 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

Lidl are selling mini ovens, they fit a 10” pizza for a size reference

https://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/p/mini-oven/p10004528

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

RE: Mini oven lidl

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:40 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.500 Posts

When our boys, now 34 and 30 years old, came with us we had a couple of ovens like this. For a family they are excellent, but be warned, the metal cases are usually a little lacking in insulation and they get very HOT. They are usually about 1400 watts so if you turn off other stuff the 6 amp supply found on some French sites can cope. They are well worth a look, but as it's just the two of us we know favour the Remoska.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Poptop320 and John Cross like this post!
Last edited Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:05 am

We have a double Skillet and a Ramoska, we have bought an oven to see what it is like as we do like our pizzas and found that oven chips in the ramoska and the skillet were soggy.
We tried a pizza and it cooked it perfectly just like our normal oven, the Lidl oven is 1300w so it will be close to 6amps. The only problem is that they are a bit bulky about the same size as a microwave so we will probably use it in the awning, the surface does get hot but not enough to burn your hand or as hot as a ramoska.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:43 am
by Islay | 298 Posts

I go with a remoska and an air fryer. It's a great camping combi!

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Poptop320 and John Cross like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:37 pm

The new Eribas you can now option an oven!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:52 pm

Yes, but it's £700 and weighs 29kg, and if it's like the cupboards the oven door will have fallen off by the time you get to your site.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Poptop320 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:12 am
by Islay | 298 Posts

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:30 am
by John Cross | 271 Posts

Remoska and a mini oven here, ooh and a toaster.
The mini oven is always used outside, the remoska was placed on the grill, with the lid up.
But we also use a remoska at home and use a chopping board underneath, to protect the work top. So now have a wooden chopping board in the van and will use the remoska on top of the glass lid.

2005 Troll 540 and 1994 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:16 am

We used to use a Cadac outside but not as a griddle plate/BBQ, only as a large gas burner. I realised this was a bit daft and bought an induction hon that I can plug into an under bed socket, sit on the outside table and cook away happily. When I'm not using this, or if power allows, the Remoska is next to it. I use both inside the van when the weather is not to hot. As a back up a single burner Foker gas ring can be attached to my Campingaz 907. Short or spit roasting a suckling pig I have not really found anything I cannot cook with this set-up.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:00 am
by Islay | 298 Posts

We had a cadac. They look wonderful but Yann hated it. He spent more time cleaning it than cooking on it. We got an induction hob too. Lovely and easy.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:10 pm
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

We have an induction hob, mainly so we can cook outside the van. Works really well - once I silenced the beep! i have a couple of portable mini gas hobs for when we are going off grid. We also have a toaster, a Lavazza coffee machine and a milk frother - what more do you need?

It has always seemed poor design that there isn't better ventilation over the onboard hob.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:11 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12783 topics and 107360 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8