Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:28 am
by monoboard | 359 Posts

Its that time of year coming up! New for old or market value ? you just know there going to screw you what ever you do. At the moment i have new for old but i gather your only going to get new if they can't repair it! It would rather grate if you ended up with a repaired caravan if it was someone else's fault but there's
nothing you can do. Regarding insurance, I have been using Caravan Guard, just wondered if any one has any recommendations for insurance or had claims experience heaven forbid with them?

Scroll up

RE: Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:42 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

I'm fortunate not to have had a claim, so I'll leave that to the few poor folk who have.
You could start your search with Ripe, Cover4Caravans, Grove & Dean and Lifesure.
We are now back with insure with Lifesure, 2023 Feeling 425, new for old, 30 days abroad, £28K van, contents £1K, equipment £2K, awning £500, £150 total x/s, 25yrs towing, 9 years no claims, stored at home in Devon, hitch lock and wheel lock, premium of £200.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:52 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.815 Posts

Do a search. We have discussed insurance on many occasions, some quite recently.

Here, for example, is one I started (other posters are available) Insurance

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:45 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 299 Posts

I think I can provide some useful pointers here unfortunately.🙄

I too have always wrestled with the new for old idea, but I figured that low depreciation rates mean that there’s little difference to premiums. I did ask the insurers what happens if it’s someone else’s fault and they said that you claim through your insurer and they pass the charges on so you still have the same level of cover.

You may have read my other posts over the past 3 weeks; I got to test this out after an Artic truck ran into the back of our Troll 530.
I’ve just had confirmation through from the loss adjusters that they are writing the van off, so we can now discuss the value.

Once the claim is settled I’ll disclose the insurer, but it’s a bit premature yet.

I used Caravan guard until the past 2 years when they were a bit too expensive, but I had 2 claims on their policies and I have to say they were faultless.
Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:56 pm
by monoboard | 359 Posts

Hi thanks for that, it would be interesting to here how it goes

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:45 am
by Miniman | 21 Posts

Like a number of people on the forum my insurance is due in a few weeks. I like the quote eribaMotters had from lifesure but unfortunately they wont insure in NI. Im currently with CaravanGuard but find them expensive.

I get quite fed up with the never ending list of security devices requested to secure the van on my driveway, Hithchlock, 2 wheel clamps and chained to the driveway. I reckon their risk here is almost nil. My question is has anyone found areputable insurer that will provide cheaper cover but excluding theft of the Eriba. Im happy to take that risk!!

ian

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:19 am
by Big Al | 230 Posts

I have just been informed by my broker 'Peacock' my current underwriter will not renew my policy and not only that none of their other brokers will do likewise. I guess I have about 3 weeks to trawl through all the compare sites etc to see who will and what hoops I will be expected to jump through....

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a WV T4 Topaz or Ford Kuga
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:42 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

I was with SAGA, when it was up for renewal they told me that they no longer do caravan insurance. They automatically gave my details to the caravan club who had a deal with SAGA to give a price comparable to theirs. To be fair it was quite cheap, however I have been with the caravan club before so I am expecting next years to be substantially more expensive.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:31 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.514 Posts

Ditto, just renewed my old Saga policy so to speak with the Caravan Club. Like you I’m happy with this year’s price but suspect next year may be a different story. We’ll wait and see.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:06 am
by cabbie37 | 688 Posts

Oh dear. Good to know about the SAGA thing as I am currently with them. Moving to the Caravan Club doesn't fill me with glee as I moved away from them a few years ago to move to SAGA! As Julie and Poptop suggest, I could expect a huge bump in premium in a following year after the discounted year that seems to be on offer. At least we know so gives time for research on other options..

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:15 am
by Big Al | 230 Posts

After being told my current insurance company had changed their policies and won’t renew I’m now back with Towergate. Cheaper than last year plus no restrictions on travel time in Europe, not that I have plans. I know next year I’ll be moving away from them again as they always increase premiums for existing customers. No need to be loyal when they’re not…

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a WV T4 Topaz or Ford Kuga
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0