New Eriba Touring 530

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:18 am
by CapitainZ | 5 Posts

Hi there, just bought a new Troll 530 and need an advice. Oscillating in between the awning decision - Fiamma Caravanstore or the F45s. The Caravanstore advantage of being able to install at home vs drilling holes and professional install at a dealer in Romania are putting Caravanstore in favorite position. Any advices/comments on the decision will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Scroll up

RE: New Eriba Touring 530

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:35 am
by AlanC | 107 Posts

The Caravanstore Awning is built into a bag that is suspended from the awning rail.

On an Eriba the rail is just above the door so the bag will overhang the top of the van door by about 10cm. That is Ok when opening the door from the outside as you can lift the bag. But opening the door from the inside...

I would go for the awning that is fixed to the roof and will clear the door easily.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.554 Posts

Welcome CapitainZ. I thought about the wind out when we bought our new Eriba last year. They are nice, but expensive. A professional fixing where they bond the brackets to the roof and then mount the awning box on would be the way to go. I eventually decided against one as I was afraid of damage to the van in the event of a storm.
My favourite option is the Caravanstore in the bag, but I could not live with it fouling the door. On earlier vans I'd added a secondary higher level awning track to get around the problem, but the different roof design on newer vans does not allow for this.
We have always used a Caravanstore on the back of the van where it is in permanent use to give rain/sun protection for a second fridge, bikes, clothes drier etc.
P1020720-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
On the door side we use an Isabella Shadow. I was at first apprehensive that this could cope with heavy rain, but when set with a V to it as in the photograph this has not caused a problem. In June this year we were in The Loire area on a riverside pitch. The rain was so heavy and prolonged that the river rose about 1.8m over 4 days. Sun canopies collapsed and wind out awnings had to be wound in but our Shadow with end blockers stood up to the weather with flying colours.
P1060057-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1060058-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1060060-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
The end panels are by a company called Comfortz Leisure https://www.comfortzleisure.net/product/...-style-awnings/
When I sourced my 2nd hand Isabella Shadow it came with a set of front roof poles that are usually used for adding a front screen. I have used thes on the ends and slot my end panels over them.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Randa france and CapitainZ like this post!
Last edited Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:10 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:47 pm
by CapitainZ | 5 Posts

Many thanks, for your kind advices and fast replies. indeed the door opening in Caravanstore is a challenge. Was even thinking if it's not possible to use a cord routed thru the pop up top to help lifting. Will decide after the visit to the local dealer and revert with some pictures as well.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:40 am
by CapitainZ | 5 Posts

As promised, reverting with some pictures too - decided for the Caravanstore 280XL (well, was the only one available on stock) and installed it on the caravan today. Is a 2 person's job, you just need to be patient and extend it to max (read that manual first ) and don't force it too much. The door challenge was overcome with some tape at the moment, opened for any suggestions

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 20240822_133018.jpg 
 20240822_133035.jpg 
 20240822_133046.jpg 
 20240822_133116.jpg 

Dinky likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:35 pm

Self adhesive velcro patches on inside of bottom of bag just inside the zip line. Failing that, white tape so it is less obvious.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:28 pm
by Randa france | 13.215 Posts

Talking sunshade in a bag. Wasn't there once a lot of talk about a bent spoon to hold it op over the door or am I on the wrong wave length?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . 1995 Eriba Puck flying behind Ford Kuga 2L Titanium FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Dinky likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:55 pm

You are correct Roger, but I believe you need one of those funny little brackets that was screwed to the midpoint of the awning rail when used to support the old style frame awnings.

Colin

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:13 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 320 Posts

Colin,
Have you got some detail shots of the supports for the end panels plz?
Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate, no longer pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:43 am

Steve,
I waited for the correct 2nd hand Isabella to come up for sale as I knew the bits I wanted were expensive to buy individually. I needed the front bar with the Tectum couplings https://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/...-coupling-1-pcs that are supposed to be used for putting on a front shade. These can be bought separately but are expensive. If you have some old poles then I do not see any reason why you could not make up your own poles using the Isabella ends. https://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/...or-tectum-1-pcs and https://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/...or-tectum-1-pcs I cannot find the code for the bar as a kit, but it must be somewhere on the Isabella website. I have included a pdf of what it looks like with the individual bits. I'm guessing a call to a dealer would come up with the overall part number and then you can search for a cheap one. It would be a lot cheaper to try and pick up the pole set and couplings second hand though.
I then sourced a pair of awning mounting blocks that clip to the underside of the awning chord and you slot poles into These are the blue/grey ones in the photos. They were terrible, so I bought the genuine Isabella and they are excellent https://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/.../fixon-ii-3-pcs and are well worth the extra money.

P1060062-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)g-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)h-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Attachment:
9x0000043+Shadow+front+360_400.pdf 9x0000043+Shadow+front+360_400.pdf

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:55 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 320 Posts

That’s great info thanks Colin,
I must admit that I’m a bit wary of having poles pressing against the van, not because of how they work, but more due to the risk of them slipping whilst setting up. - I’ve had several friends who ended up with battle-scars around the ‘castanets’. A 2-person job to be double-safe I think. 🙂

It does look so much better than my efforts with pvc tarpaulins clipped to the sun canopy👍 I think we’ll be copying you once we get the new van.

Steve.

Hyundai i30 Estate, no longer pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:14 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I'd start looking now for the parts if I was you. I've spent the last hour or so on the Isabella website and cannot find the pole kit listed. I've then tried the 2nd hand adverts and again no luck.
If I was to source the bits now I'd start with the 2nd hand adverts for odd poles and then build around that. Owners often scrap a damaged awning and then sell the poles off separately as they outlast the fabric.

Colin

Edit - I don't believe it, I've found it:- Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175493611582?...0019a524fe877e2 but oh I don't like the price.
If you search the Supplier SKU 9X0000043 some suppliers are listing a pole, and you need two of them at £42 each. I still feel ill.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:00 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:47 am
by Randa france | 13.215 Posts

Regarding the bent spoon:-

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #8
You are correct Roger, but I believe you need one of those funny little brackets that was screwed to the midpoint of the awning rail when used to support the old style frame awnings.

Colin

Colin. You mean a Footman's Loop. Really handy bracket for a multitude of things even in modern awnings.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . 1995 Eriba Puck flying behind Ford Kuga 2L Titanium FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:48 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:49 pm
by CapitainZ | 5 Posts

Got an extensible pole which can have a double use - supporting the bag while is opened and supporting the entire bag while is closed and you want to access easily

Attached pictures:
 17247665276353761183479237333834.jpg 
 17247665614667317779769101400655.jpg 
 172477820571426916847043567929.jpg 

Last edited Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:05 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:52 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.543 Posts

Looks good. Who supplies the pole if you don’t mind me asking?

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 8 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12845 topics and 107745 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2