Top lockers catches or hinges sticking/stuck

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:36 am
by MulberryDad | 3 Posts

Hi Eriba friends - first time out in our 540 Troll and we have 3 of top cupboard doors that are now sticking or are stuck closed. The catch mechanism is a simple latch and I can see the latch catches on the lip of the corresponding catch and does not move far enough down to be released. I think it’s more of an issue with the hinges that could be being deformed slightly by the weight of the door when open and as such are changing the overall door position causing the latch to stick or become fully stuck closed.

Does anyone else have this and if so any solutions for fixing ?

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_2530.jpeg 
 IMG_2531.jpeg 
 IMG_2532.jpeg 

Scroll up

RE: Top lockers catches or hinges sticking/stuck

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:31 am
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

Welcome, and sorry to hear about your troubles. Judging by the retaining straps I'm guessing your van was supplied by Leisure First in Dorset. I'd advise giving them a call as it will still be under warranty. It is probably a matter of a simple adjustment, but for you to get the lockers open you could damage the surface finish on them. You could try a plastic bladed spatula or pallet knife to free the latch. If this works spray some ptfe spray into the spring part incase it is sticky and not releasing. I adjusted one of my latches by removing the catch plate and packing it out with a couple of washers, but I think you have the opposite problem to what I had. I suspect if you loosen the catch on the back of the latch you will find some adjustment. You only need a mm or so.
On a positive note, it looks like your van has far better hinges fitted than recent vans. They look bigger and have a surface treatment that hopefully will not tarnish/corrode. I doubt they have deformed under the weight of the locker hatch as they look fairly robust and the hatch is surprisingly light.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:41 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:39 am
by Dinky | 42 Posts

welcome to forum👋
can the drop bolt be shuffled down on door is there bigger holes for adjustment near drop bolt screws

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:29 pm
by MulberryDad | 3 Posts

Thank you so much - I will contact leisure first before I do anything myself

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:30 pm
by MulberryDad | 3 Posts

Unfortunately not - appears to be a one size first

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107399 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2