Bedding - bed in width, with rounded corners

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:42 pm
by ArnaudK | 3 Posts

Hello,

In a few weeks we will pick up our new old caravan Eriba Touring Troll 530 of the year 2014.
To be well prepared, I want to buy some bed stuff, however the mattrass has a specific shape because the bed is in width with rounded corners on one of the long sides.

When I search for products on internet I cannot find any good fitting ones, so I was wondering your experiences or tips.

To be exact, I am looking for:
- fitting sheets
- mattrass cover
- mattrass topper

Please let me know!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Schermafbeelding 2024-08-26 154404.jpg 

Last edited Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:07 am | Scroll up

RE: Bedding - bed in with with rounded corners

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:00 pm
by Edwin | 18 Posts

We went to the local interiors shop and bought a 140x200 memory foam topper (5-10cm thick) with the idea of trimming off the corners to make it fit. Turns out it's malleable enough that it just fits without cutting so we picked up a pair of matching fitted sheets and haven't done any DIY :)
We did get an Eriba fitted sheet with the caravan (2023 530) but we haven't used it since we got the topper.

ArnaudK likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.554 Posts

We use a standard fitted double sheet, mattress protector and 50mm thick foam [NOT memory foam as it is too hot] topper. We took the foam topper out of its zip cover and cut to shape. It is a bit of a faff making the bed but you get used to stretching things tightly into place. A standard double duvet cover is also the perfect size.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
ArnaudK likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:32 pm
by scouteralf | 123 Posts

we used fitted sheets and to fit it on the window side of the mattress we do that through the open back window

troll 530GT pushing Skoda Karoq (petrol)
eribaMotters and ArnaudK like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:52 pm
by Dinky | 42 Posts

sleeping bag saves sheets 🤭
however amazon do some affordable i.e dont mind adjusting bedding, with sewing machine ruffler could add some added ruffles or elastic could make to shape.
the ruffler.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
adjusting the ruffler for plaiting and gathering.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ArnaudK likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:16 am
by ArnaudK | 3 Posts

So I think I will buy regular 140X200 sheets/ cover. And a (50mm) topper made of a material which can be cut when preferred, but which is maybe not needed.
Thank you for your tips!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:32 am
by Simboc2004 | 775 Posts

We have Duvalay mattress toppers and their zip-up sheets that go over the toppers. So easy and no stretching in to the corners to fit sheets over a mattress. In the morning we roll the whole toppers up (with sheet in place) and store them in the supplied storage bags. By far the easiest solution we have found.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
ArnaudK likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:33 pm
by Islay | 312 Posts

Where do you store your bedding during the day?
We do what Randa taught us to do. Roll up the lot in a big sausage so it sits on the back shelf under the table.
I use a single duvet in a cover which protects the seats. Then a wholecloth quilt as it doesn't need tucking in. It sits flat.Then our duvet. A summer one form Ikea and if it's a bit nippy, a fleece blanket on top.Pillows go in big covers I made that act as cushions in the day. We used to put everything away in the morning but it was a pain.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:43 pm
by Simboc2004 | 775 Posts

We store ours in the car if the weather is poor - if it's good weather we leave the bed made up and live outside, using the table attached to side of the Eriba. We have taken this year (finally) to using our Isabella Shadow as basic shelter outside - saving the Kampa air awning for longer stays

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:05 pm
by Edwin | 18 Posts

The bed in a stock 530 isn't removable, so ours just lives on the bed permanently.
The lift mechanism doesn't seem to be suffering from the added weight of the mattress topper.

Islay and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 4 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12844 topics and 107741 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4