Original Carpets for 2021 530 - SOLD. :-)

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:35 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 316 Posts

Hi,
Since we can’t use our 530 any more, we have the carpet set which we bought from ALV 3 years ago.
They are a beige colour and have just been cleaned.
They are in vgc.
This is for the dinette variant rather than the fixed bed, but there are 2 sections, and I think the front section goes up to the bed base.

We’ve just been quoted £660 for a new set for the 550 when we get it, so we’re asking a very reasonable £100.

They’re a bit big and heavy to post, but you can collect from Sheffield area or I work all over the northeast so we could maybe meet up

Hyundai i30 Estate, no longer pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:52 pm | Scroll up

RE: Original Carpets for 2021 530

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:13 am
by Islay | 311 Posts

Forgive me but how can such a small piece of carpet be worth £660?

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:15 am
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

It's called Hymer pricing. I'd guess they sell some with new vans but not many to existing owners.

Our new van came with a set and I have to admit the quality is very nice. We have never used carpet before as our Eribas had only been used in warmish weather. We used ours in April and were glad of them.

If looking new I'd make a set of templates and go to a carpet shop to have the blanks cut and bound. This would be a lot less than Hymer's £660 new price, but more than the £100 being asked for this genuine set.

We have always used a door mat and this ribbed washable soft foam rubber matting, sold as Friedola and Venilia. In the UK it comes it can be found in some hideous design patterns in caravan outlets in cut length of usually 1.5m. In France we can buy it off the roll in any length we want. It is great for summer use as dirt falls through it and we simply roll it up once a week and use a dustpan and brush on the floor.

This stuff.

At the end of the season it is soaked in a bucket of soapy water, given a good rinse and left out to dry. Because we have not been able to get a full length yet we use a cut piece under the front dinette, next to the rear bed and a piece in the bathroom.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Islay likes this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:28 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:30 am
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

Hi Steve. Can I be nosey and ask if you still have the 530 then?

If so will you be repairing it/selling bits off it? Not for me but useful to know.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . 1995 Eriba Puck flying behind Ford Kuga 2L Titanium FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:28 pm

Quote: Islay wrote in post #2
Forgive me but how can such a small piece of carpet be worth £660?

It’s not worth that Islay, it’s just what they charge so we’re not having them!🤣

We’ll be doing as Colin says and getting our local carpet guys to make a set up.

Islay likes this post!
Last edited Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:30 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:34 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #4
Hi Steve. Can I be nosey and ask if you still have the 530 then?

If so will you be repairing it/selling bits off it? Not for me but useful to know.

Randa

Hi Roger,
We’ve still not got as far as an offer for our replacement so yes, it’s still in the back yard. We don’t have room for 2 vans so I hadn’t thought about asking for salvage pricing.

I’ve attached a parcel tag on the PSU for one of the fb members, so whoever breaks it can get in touch.

Last edited Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:36 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12834 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5