RE: What's in a name?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:59 pm
by daveg (deleted)

Wifey calls ours Brum, I wanted Wendy as the first time I saw a puck I described it as "a Wendy house on wheels"

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:57 am
by T & C (deleted)

On a slightly different tack we had the very good fortune to bump into Roger & Amanda (Randa France) whilst away in Scotland. Amongst many of the Eriba related topics discussed Roger told me that in Europe the Puck L is called the Super Puck. Since then I keep referring to our Puck as the 'Super Puck' as it seems to me a much better name - what do others think?

Tony T & C

ERIBA Puck L 230 pushing a Citroen C4 Picasso
Julie Grafo, Randa france, and Ribski like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:46 pm
by Randa france | 13.168 Posts

Just thought I'd bump this thread for any new members.

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Well, Colin the stealth car is the Mégane - a very dark, sinister-looking thing and the Eriba is Betty so we will go away with Colin and Betty. I have no idea why!!!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:45 pm
by Tipsywitch (deleted)

Hmm, haven't decided whether to give my Eriba a name, but if I do it would have to be Puckle - Originally from Middle English *poukel, *pukel and from Old English pūcel, meaning "a goblin, demon, a mischievous spirit"; but I'm thinking from old Eriba Puck L (meaning "a mischievous camper?)". Sounds about right methinks.

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:11 pm
by hob (deleted)

Vaguely remember being asked once who the lady I was seen with was by a nosy friend shortly after buying the puck, being somewhat defensive at the time I replied no-one special but I had slept with a Mrs Pucklington a few times

After that the puck was always thought of as Mrs Pucklington

So far no joy with the Triton but there may be a name lurking in the future.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:07 am
by Clippie (deleted)

So entering into the spirit for you Roger I will tell a story...................

During my childhood my father (who was the only driver in the family) always named his cars. I was taught to drive on a yellow chevette named banana, after that there was a Brown SD1 Rover called Ugg. But my favorite of all was in 78 79 a blue Renault, that had an early computer on board that talked to you and said thing like "Drivers door open" and "lights are on". At that time Blake's 7 was the lead sci-fi television series and the car was named after Orac, the mobile computer with attitude that featured in the series.

Having said all that when Blueyonder and I set up our lives together cars never got named. In the early days we could only afford one car so it was always just 'the car'. When we became more prosperous and living in the country with children that necessitated us to have a vehicle each it was always 'your car' or 'my car'. Very boring I know.

So when in 2010 we purchased our VW T5 for conversion in to the camper-van that we now have, naming it was not something I/we ever thought about, until out of the blue, Blueyonder referred to it as Valerie.

I must admit I was some what stunned, well of course in the deepest recess of my mind I had always seen the T5 as a him! A large VW T5 full of power and masculinity, mostly used by plumbers, builders and involved in other such manly trades, you could understand my reasoning as to why it had to be a him. I did protest and state my case, that if we were going to name the vehicle it should be in keeping and have a name of the male gender! Well what do I know, of course I recognize I am only a man and know nothing of the gentle arts of sexing a vehicle. So she was named (or I suppose in this era of modern communications, I should say #tagged) Valerie.

Why Valerie, that is a good question, one that I can only say that at the time Blueyonder listened to a lot of Amy Winehouse in her car, and Valerie is one of her iconic songs, and so I think that is the connection. What ever the reason it stuck and our T5 has been known as Valerie ever since, as some of you know.

A couple of year later we upgrade our rig and added our Triton and specifically went for the GT pack as the silver matched Valerie perfectly, something that Blueyonder was adamant about. So when we picked her up from AL (I say her as I have learnt my lessons about vehicle sexing) and drove of in team silver I did ask the question as to what we would call the 'van'. To date Blueyonder has not made that decision and the matter is still up for discussion, and it has been a discussion that we have had with some of you on the forum. To date the best option ( in my opinion) and what appears to be the most popular is Amy. The connections are obvious, but someone has not made that ruling......so in the mean time it remains just simple Van, but of the female gender, it is definitely a her!

Clippie

Gofer for 2014 Triton 420 GT & VW T5

Keith and Sue, Randa france, and like this post!
Last edited Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:16 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:25 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Recnames.........
Valerie Borzov?????😃😃😃

and one of our Eribafolk members had 'Puckingham Palace'!

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:27 pm
by Tipsywitch (deleted)

Meet Pandora ... you never know what will emerge when this magical box on wheels is opened.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Pandora180.jpg 

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:15 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

Mine is Bertha

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:03 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Well, the car is Colin the stealth car (he looks a bit mean) and the Eriba is Betty. I can't explain why that popped into my head.......

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107408 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8