Wheel chocks

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm
by ellen (deleted)

I wonder how many of us use wheel chocks when our Eribas are resting? I am like an over protective mother and insists on chocks both sides of the wheels "just in case". Weather permitting we should be meeting our nova at Llanrwst tomorrow and with it being a much heavier van we are not sure if we should put chocks to the wheels or if just having the corner steadies down would be enough. I have asked the same question on the caravan talk forum and the answers are pretty mixed. So, to chock or not to chock? Ellen.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

RE: Wheel chocks

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Chock ye not!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:12 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I have never chocked our Eriba, but I did the Burstner that was in the Dolomites though on an ad hoc overnight stop on a very steep forest track! So for me a No No

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish!

They teach you truth is good, then when you tell the truth everyone get's offended!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:04 pm
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

Hi Ellen and Mark. How exciting. I hope you're going to show us some photos and give a description of your new baby.
We only ever chock the Tourer if we have to put one wheel on a leveller. In the case of your new Nova however, what's the situation? If it is to be sited and left sited for weeks/months on end then I can see no reason why you shouldn't chock it if it makes you feel better. However, if it's to be moved on and off site at your request then, if the ground is level, I wouldn't bother.
If it is to be left sited for long periods I would consider using Tyre Savers anyway.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:07 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.815 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #4
We only ever chock the Tourer if we have to put one wheel on a leveller.
+1

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:34 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Hi Roger. The Nova is a 570 made the same year as Doo Dah. 2008. It's going to be in a secure compound then when we are going to use it the caravan park owner will tow it on a pitch for us. Having chocks would make that job more difficult for him as it's extra things for him to do. I think I'm over cautious with my baby (doods) as I couldn't bear anything to happen to him but I feel that the Nova is such a lump that it would be very strong winds to move it. If all goes well tomorrow and I can remember I will take some photos. It will take us months to get to know how to use the water and heating and all the rest of it but we're in no hurry.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:03 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hi Ellen I'm the same as Randa, I use a chock if it on a levelling ramp, however I still use a chock when it is on flat ground, no other reason than a bit of belt and braces approach. During winter storage I use the tyre savers.

How about these chocks......

Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Piece-Chock-...=item5d4ed4a3a4

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:19 pm
by ellen (deleted)

I am wondering if there are any of the Hymer chocks under the Nova like there was under Doo-Dah ? Mind you, we had our familia years before we knew they were there and that was due to someone mentioning it online. It really un- nerves me to think of a van with nothing but the corner steadies to keep it from moving,

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:43 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: ellen wrote in post #8
It really un- nerves me to think of a van with nothing but the corner steadies to keep it from moving,

In that case "chock and be damned what anyone else says"

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish!

They teach you truth is good, then when you tell the truth everyone get's offended!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:25 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

In that case "chock and be damned what anyone else says"[/quote]

+1

Also I don't have my handbrake on my Familia when on site which is why I also use a chock, I presume Ellen you will be leaving your handbrake off as it will be a seasonal pitch? For a piece of mind it will be worth useing a chock.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:40 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

I don't use hand-brake when 'on site' so "chocks" it is

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:53 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

we use handbrake while hitching and put steadies down, then fit the wheel clamp this seems to hold eriba, depends on lay of land for handbrake on off situation for us..

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:33 am
by MCINND (deleted)

The chocks should be inside the gas storage locker up on right hand side as you look at van.
David

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Thanks David

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:46 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.815 Posts

Our chocks are clipped underneath the chassis but I use one that I found by the roadside to prevent the van rolling off the levelling wedge.

The handbrake allows the van to roll backwards for about a foot before it engages fully.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 159 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0