Importing from mainland Europe

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 671 Posts

Newbie here and unable to find a link to help with importing an Eriba from Holland or France.

Only just started looking at Eribas but am somewhat dismayed that some folks have waited a couple of years to get the right van. I'm not prepared to pay overinflated prices at main dealers but it seems hard to buy privately as well. How difficult is it to buy from the continent? The Euro is very low against sterling at the moment. I'm not afraid of any conversion work required so just interested how to go about buying from abroad if it comes to it. Thanks

Scroll up

RE: Importing from mainland Europe

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:42 pm
by hob (deleted)

Specially written for such an occasion

click this link

also see the blog hob woz ere

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Last edited Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks hob, I've already looked at your fine technical instruction on the conversion process and bookmarked it for future reference.
What I'm after right now is how to contact and buy from the Dutch or French market? Thanks :)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:55 pm
by hob (deleted)

I looked at Dutch dealers using google translate and got a dealer who buys in Holland to import it for me though you can collect yourself be aware there may be import\ export paperwork involved

where are you located ? a guy called Dom Fox operating as eriba shop on ebay imports a lot of vans from Holland and may find one for you ................he is based in north Norfolk

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 pm
by Randa france | 13.164 Posts

There's one member on here (Sally Collis) who is currently purchasing an Eriba from Belgium. http://www.campirama.be/ and TonyH69 imported a Puck from Belgium early last year.
I also notice a lot of Eribas being privately advertised on this web site:- http://www.leboncoin.fr/caravaning/offre...ns/?o=1&q=eriba
If you buy privately, I'm not sure how you'll be fixed to bring it back into the UK but there are quite a few part time dealers around the South Coast who seem to do it regularly so it can't be that difficult.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm based on the South Coast so will look out.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:15 pm
by hob (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Eriba shop sales on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/eriba-shop/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

please note I have no financial link to this seller other than being a satisfied customer

oppps wrong forum

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:56 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

This is where we sourced ours from
http://www.marktplaats.nl/z.html?query=e...=0&postcode=&=0
Dave

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:44 pm
by armorican (deleted)

Hi Ray

I live in Brittany, France and know of 2 Eriba dealers in my immediate area viz 1. http://www2.leboncoin.fr/ar?ca=6_s&id=744729962 and 2. Michel Caravanes, Yffiniac in 22120 Cotes d'Armor. The first one is at Loperhet near Brest, the second near Saint-Brieuc.

I have to say I think they charge full whack for almost anything!

You could try Le Bon Coin and also ParuVendu in Bretagne, Normandie, Pas de Calais, Manche etc to see private second-hand sales. I sourced my Eriba on Le Bon Coin where the seller gives an asking price which you might be able to negotiate (I did, quite easily). It is not an auction site. For that you would need to try EBay France which is a much less well-developed site compared to its UK counter-part.

Best of luck

David

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:10 am

Thank you David, more to look at :)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:11 pm
by Sally Collis (deleted)

Just purchase Eriba 540GT pick up from belgium in July

shrublands likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107399 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0