RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:15 pm
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #26
That should be fun with a 6amp supply, Roger.

Rarely have the problem. We've stayed at 5amp camp sites. It's only the same as powering the awning through the van, just more straighforward. The only thing to watch is that the electric kettle, the toaster or the induction hob are never on at the same time.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:04 pm | Scroll up

RE: Pimp My Van

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:44 pm
by jimbud (deleted)

Hi there
We have lived in the Costa del Sol for more than 8 years and yes the temperatures can get high especially during July/August. Before buying our Eriba which at the moment is based in the UK , we had a motorhome in Spain and never had a problem with the dried foods in the cupboards.
Can't think of a way to cool down your cupboard. Just have to do as the Spanish do ......... Shop daily? Although I know this is not ideal when travelling.
Good luck

Jim & Isobel

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:50 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Ref the underbed locker.....yes I do have one but I would rather not leave it open all the time. So in order to have power in the awning the outside socket can be used while the locker stays shut.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

I open the locker and plug in the extension lead while it's in use then unplug and close it when it's no longer required.

What am I missing, Tony?

I realise that this will come over as brusque, rude and a bit Yorkshire, old chap, but please treat is a genuine quest for enlightenment from a fellow admin team member.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:05 pm | Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:50 am

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #23
The lights themselves are easy enough to get, but the shrouds took some chasing down in Germany and needed to be painted white.
Those lights are really smart, Pete. But why was there a problem obtaining them? The Jokon UK website shows the SPL2000-MS lights with white shrouds. Couldn't they put you in touch with a UK stockist?

Forum Administrator

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:21 am
by Frantone (deleted)

What you are missing is the requirement to run something continually such as a fridge in the awning or lighting or a cool box which may be left running even when we are out and about.
There is also the fact that we use the Troll all year round but still try to cook outdoors. Mrs P has often complained about her bed area being very cold because the locker was left open so we now have power and the locker can be left shut.

TonyP

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Aaron Calder likes this post!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks, Tony. That has satisfied my curiosity and were we in a similar position, I'd doubtless do the same as you.

Forum Administrator

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:43 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.748 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #35
Those lights are really smart, Pete. But why was there a problem obtaining them? The Jokon UK website shows the SPL2000-MS lights with white shrouds. Couldn't they put you in touch with a UK stockist?
I rang Jokon GB, mate. The person I spoke to (and I use the word person with some reluctance) was so curt, unhelpful and patronising that I hung up and resolved never to ring them again.

Every now and then you speak to someone somewhere who is having a bad day. Someone whose cat has just died, or whose wife (or husband) has run off with the next-door neighbour, or whose son has just wrapped the family car round a lamp post. You can understand these things, and cut them a bit of slack.

The arse at Jokon GB was different. He was just a miserable b*stard.

I got some on eBay.de in the end. I just searched using the part number and Robert ist Bruder deiner Mutter.

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:44 am | Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #38

The arse at Jokon GB was different. He was just a miserable b*stard.
Ah, another Yorkshireman. That explains it.

Forum Administrator

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:06 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6