V5 document ?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:55 pm
by Journeyers55 (deleted)

Hi could any one explain the details of v5 document in relation to eriba from Germany would it need to be registered
Thanks Paul

Scroll up

RE: V5 document ?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:00 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Hi Paul, not sure what you are actually asking because the V5 is a car registration document. Caravans in the
UK are not required to be registered.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:12 pm
by Journeyers55 (deleted)

Hi I think we've just found out the caravan will come with a v5 because it was registered in Germany but we use criss register in uk .
Paul

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:57 am
by cabbie37 | 647 Posts

I've just bought a van in Holland and, as it was above a certain weight, it had its own 'registration'. That had to be formally cancelled in the name of the previous owner on the sale. That was done at what I took to be the equivalent of a local DVLA office. I don't know whether Germany has a similar system and that might be what you are referring too?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:17 am
by Agger (deleted)

I bought a Heinemann now Westphalia trailer back in 1990 from Hameln Germany and even back then it came with it's own registration document.

Someone mentioned CRIS imho and that of several others on here a complete waste of time and money (some have to have it as they store their vans and in some storage areas it is a prerequisite) to justify what I'm saying we have travelled all over Europe in tents, campers, motorhomes, caravans etc but have never had our VIN number taken, it does'nt get checked at borders, campsites or anywhere else.

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Caravans, along with all other types of trailer, are registered in their own right here in Germany and the owner is issued with a 'Zulassungsbescheinigung Parts 1 and 2 which I would guess are the equivalent of your V5 parts 1 and 2. Being classified, registered and insured as seperate vehicles, caravans and trailers are also required to be regularly MOT'd - or HU as it is known here.

Prior to any registered vehicle (and this includes a caravan etc) being permanently removed from the land of registration it should of course have been de-registered so it would be worth checking that this indeed has been the case.

As caravan registration is not a requirement in the UK then of course the German registration document is of no use in this regard.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:51 am
by Frantone (deleted)

I was told that CRiS used to actually change Eriba Vin numbers (on their registration form) to indicate that they were imported. This led to the ridiculous situation of the window engraving not quite matching the vin number on the van's plate!
It would be interesting to know if any caravans had actually been recovered after theft because of the CRiS system!

Now I see from this months C&CC magazine that all new caravans (UK) will have the latest CRiS initiative as standard. It includes a hidden RFID chip like a dog chip which will quote....."reveal the caravan's true identity when scanned by law enforcement officers".
Errr, how will they know where to scan? Between the shoulder blades?

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Pepé Le Pew, and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.785 Posts

On the strength of recent press reports, they will only be scanning odd numbered caravans.

If it's simply a break-in you can forget it.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

, and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.727 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #8
On the strength of recent press reports, they will only be scanning odd numbered caravans.

If it's simply a break-in you can forget it.
What happens if the occupants have been gassed with anaesthetic?

It's an all-too common occurrence these days.

Mrs P and I bought an ex-WD gas mask from the army surplus place down the road that we take turns to wear. That way one of us gets a good night's sleep while the other one watches out for someone sneaking up to our caravan with a large cylinder and a length of rubber tube.

Fortunately the time it takes the crooks to measure the caravan's volume, check how many windows are open and how far, count the number of people inside and calculate the concentration of gas required to knock you out without either killing you or just making you a bit light-headed gives you the opportunity to call the police.

I'm all for CRiS, RFID chips, alarms, deadlocks, microdots, anti-aircraft guns and Smartwater.

You really can't be too careful.

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
by Randa france | 12.997 Posts

Do I detect irony or are you a mate of Jenson Button's?
Randa

(note to oneself:- I wonder if there's an irony detector on the market?)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:42 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12600 topics and 106259 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2