johnnyg64 Battery question

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:12 am
by hob (deleted)

Transfered from a blog entry to allow discussion (Original blog post deleted -AC)

Zitat
I have just recently bought an Eriba Caravan. It is a 2000 Eriba Pan Familia with the yellow livery. While having a look through the caravan I noticed that on the kitchen units there are 2 switches. One of them has an image of a battery. I have looked throughout the caravan (under the seats/beds, in and under the wardrobe, under the kitchen units, in the locker beside the door and in the front storage box) and there are no obvious connections to connect a battery.

Does anyone know where the battery point is if there is one?

Author: johnnyg64 26 February 2016

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:47 am | Scroll up

RE: johnnyg64 Battery question

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:22 am
by hob (deleted)

Most Uk sold Eriba's are fitted with a battery before sale, however many sold in Europe are not so yours may well be an import.

You seem to have looked in all the places where a battery is normally fitted so if you did not find one there will probably not be one fitted.

Zitat
I noticed that on the kitchen units there are 2 switches. One of them has an image of a battery

This switch is I suspect on the fridge and when connected to the car and the engine running (while towing) will power the fridge from the car alternator to keep the fridge cool in transit.

to the forum by the way.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:40 am
by Randa france | 13.164 Posts

Welcome to Eribafolk Johnny.

Nothing much to add to what Hob has said. Eribas imported from mainland Europe can have a battery fitted (ours did before we bought it) but you may never have the need to use one. It depends on whether you want to use it off grid or not.

Plenty more to discuss on the subject however so just ask away

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Might be an idea - if access allows - to follow the cable from the back of the switch and see where it terminates. That's assuming that cable is even attached of course.

2013 Triton 430, Mazda CX-5 D-150, AWD AT, Walker Touring Plus awning, Isabella Shadow sun shade.

Last edited Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:46 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.525 Posts

I don't do technical I'm afraid but there are plenty here who do.

Puck L 225 GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107399 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0