RE: Reich mover on Troll GT530

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:00 pm
by Magpie | 674 Posts

Thanks, but that's not the problem though. The mover is apparently fitted too close so with or without the auto engage there is not enough room for the mover to extend enough so that the green band shows enabling it to work efficiently and effectively. We have one of those drills and use it for the steadies and to put pegs in.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:14 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

If you want it fixed "no bother" then take it to J England of this forum. We used him for our electrics traveling from the I O W to the Wirrel because no one down here could fix them.Mended beautifully, lovely fellow , knows Eriba's inside out.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.830 Posts

I'd second that. We travelled up from Dorset, stayed a few nights at the Wirral Country Park C&CC site and John serviced our Triton chassis on the morning we left.

As Pete said in another thread, he's a top chap and highly recommended.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:46 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

I have a Troll 530gt 2001 model.

I had a Reich Mover fitted by MIdland Movers in Aldridge on my way back from Lincolnshire where I purchased the van, in 2014.

I have never had any problems with it, I couldn't be without it , we have a steepish drive and I use the mover to get the van in and out
onto the road and then hook up.

Midland Movers fitted it in an hour, take some pics of the mountings and send them to them and I am sure they will advise you if it is correctly fitted.

I seem to remember them saying that Eriba's had to have them mounted upside down and they needed special brackets to achieve a good fit.

Hope you get sorted.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:37 pm
by zippy | 70 Posts

have you checked your tyre pressure? Dom over in Norfolk fits Reich movers

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:10 pm
by Magpie | 674 Posts

Thank you very much for all the suggestions and help. That's what's so good about this forum! It certainly made us realise that the mover does need sorting! I'm sure that Mr. England would be able to fix it but a trip to the Wirral would be a long haul. I've been in touch with Dom Fox who was most helpful and has given me details of his fitter (though he is very busy at the moment). I also contacted Paul at AL who was also most concerned. As AL fitted it and as we are planning a last summer getaway in that direction anyway we'll probably take it down there and see if they can get it working properly before the autumn.

Last edited Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:26 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.830 Posts

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how you get on.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:51 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #9
Would the incorrect fitting also account for uneven tyre wear?
We have the same slipping as Magpie and a band of wear on each tyre.
If the rollers are set too close then tyre wear due to roller slippage would be around the inner shoulder of the tyre.

The rollers on the Comfort and Economy models are mounted on a pivot so there will always be more pressure exerted on the inner part of the tyre. The roller-to-tyre gap of 20mm should be set at the inner shoulder of the tyre - where the roller makes first contact as it's wound on.

The Reich EasyDriver rollers are always parallel to the tyre so don't suffer the same problem.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:36 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Thank you John.
I have 10mm at the inner shoulder so I presume this means there cannot be enough contact or pressure across sufficient width of the tyre to work correctly.
TonyP

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:38 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12812 topics and 107578 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2