Using a battery conditioner.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:12 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.605 Posts

My Triton is fitted with a CSV 409 power supply unit with the Power Pack SE. I would like to use a battery conditioner over the winter. If I switch off the 12V power supply to the living area (using the Power Pack SE switch) and isolate the battery (using the red isolator key) would I also have to disconnect the battery terminals before using my conditioner.

Alan

Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420

Last edited Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 pm | Scroll up

RE: Using a battery conditioner.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 pm
by Angie and Steve (deleted)

If your battery is fully isolated by using the battery isolator switch then it is perfectly fine to connect your battery conditioner. Connect the conditioner directly to the battery's terminals - no need to disconnect the battery itself. Pay attention to the instructions which came with the conditioner.

I hope this is of some help. Any questions just ask

Steve.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 am

Hello Steve

Thanks for your advice. I've just had a look and the battery isolator switch only isolates the motor mover and not the 12V habitation system. On my last caravan, an Abbey, the reverse was true so it seems there is no standard setup. As I said, I can cut off the 12V supply to the living area using the Power pack SE switch, but I'm not sure what that switch isolates so it looks as if I will have to disconnect the battery.

Alan

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 am
by Angie and Steve (deleted)

Hi Alan,
Yep, sounds like disconnecting the battery is the best bet just to be 100% sure.

You could fit one of these battery mounted isolator switches directly to the -ve terminal of your battery for convienience and peace of mind - they cost about a tenner from Halfords...

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-acc..._$ja=tsid:94971

Cheers,
Steve.

Without music, life would be a mistake.

Last edited Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:44 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello Steve

I'll have a look at the Halfords isolator and also check if it is viable to rewire the battery isolator (The one with the red key) so that it does actually isolate the battery from the van.

Alan

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107398 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4