Rear (opening) window seal for 1973/4 Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 pm
by davethebeard (deleted)

No doubt I've posted this in the wrong place, but never mind, when you've got a problem it's "any port in a storm".............. the rear window seal in my Puck is in a dire state and needs replacing. The wonderfully helpful people at Jandi have told me that the particular profile has not been available for some years so I need to either find a new-old-stock one (anyone?) or a sample to see if there is anything alternative available - I daren't take mine out 'cos it will almost certainly fall to bits. So if you have taken one out and have not binned it, could I have a few inches to see if anyone has stock please.
It is black rubber and has push-in seals inside and out (silver - plastic I think but it could be aluminium). The window has a hinge either side about 2/3 of the way up and tilts...the top third tilts inward and the bottom 2/3 tilts outward - there is a V-shaped "gutter" which is attached to the outside of the seal at the top 1/3 and to the inside of the seal at the bottom 2/3 and it is part of the rubber profile. I hope that that will make sense to anyone that has a seal of the right profile - I'm afraid that my technical/computing ability is not up to putting photos/drawings here! I've searched "window seals" with no success.
Regards to all, Dave

Scroll up

RE: Rear (opening) window seal for 1973/4 Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 pm
by Randa france | 13.160 Posts

Hello Dave.

Although in Germany, these people seem to be the best people to contact regarding older classics. https://www.eribasar.de/

Here's a recent short thread EriBasar and they seem to have helped a number of our Facebook members in the past. Evidently, one of the owners speaks perfect English.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:22 pm
by davethebeard (deleted)

Thankyou for your help - Ihave just sent an email off to Eribasar - they have photos of the rubber profiles on their website (in German, of course - I only learnt French and that was a long time ago). Fingers crossed as the only other alternative suggested has been to have it made (which I suspect might cost "loadsamoney")!
Could I give a public thankyou to Jean at Jandis who has been VERY helpful.
Regards, Dave

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:07 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12783 topics and 107361 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7