Washrooms

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:22 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I've just been cogitating washrooms and realised that it may be this year (2019MY) that the washroom gets another refresh.

The grey worktop one lasted from 2004 to 2009 and the swivel toilet one from 2010 to 2013. The current one has been running since 2014 which would make it five years old next year and on past history the temptation could be a redesign.

Personally I can't see any reason for a change as it still looks 'right' to me and unlike it's predecessors it doesn't seem to have any glaring faults. There again, I've not owned a van with the current washroom and there may be faults I've not spotted.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

RE: Washrooms

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 am
by Poptop320 | 2.630 Posts

I had a 2012 with the swivel toilet that came with the separate water tank for the flush, I now have a 2015 with the bench seat and lifting mirror. The 2015 washroom setup makes a lot better use of the space, I don't have any complaints with this design. All the swivel toilets had a glaring design fault, they came with a fan and carbon filter to get rid of the smells, however Hymer didn't put a hole in the floor to expel the fumes because it lined up with one of the chassis struts, the carbon scrubbed fumes were just pushed around the van.......

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:51 am | Scroll up

RE: Washrooms

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I didn't realise that Hymer fitted the fan and carbon fibre version. We had that on our 2008 Adria Coral Compact motorhome and found it was neither use nor ornament and those charcoal boxes are not cheap. Luckily Adria had cut a hole in the floor at the appropriate point but the fan/charcoal thing hasn't really caught on as I've not heard of a UK WWB manufacturer offering it in the decade since then.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107565 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0