Icelandic Troll

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:08 pm
by Randa france | 13.187 Posts

Pétur Einarsson has posted some photos of his Troll on one of the Eriba Facebook Pages and I asked the question regarding the unusual fairing on the front.

Pétur Einarsson?.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)PE.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)PE 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This is his reply:- " It´s to protect the Troll from stone chips, I made it after looking at pictures from Australia :)
I made some custom changes to the Troll, it now has airbag suspension and a new bumper on the back.
I broke the original plastic bumper after it hit the ground on a regular campsite, decided this was not going to work for me,
so new suspension, where I can alter the height of the vehicle and have a smoother ride on unpaved roads.
The new bumper doubles as air container for the suspension. Will post pictures soon"

The new suspension sounds very interesting. I'll post more as it comes in.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:10 pm | Scroll up

RE: Icelandic Troll

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:33 am

Now we have a Swedish Troll Adaptation. (note the skis instead of wheels).

Our Facebook Member Frida Hultqvist Wård spotted this in Jonkoping, Sweden.

Frida Hultqvist Wård?.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Back to Pétur Einarsson from Iceland. See above. As promised Pétur has posted a load more photos of the modifications he has had done on his Eriba. These are his comments and a selection of his pics:-

"Last spring, me and a very good friend, made modifications to my much loved Troll 540 2016. New independent airbag suspension and bumper, functioning as air container. I am very happy with the outcome. Added weight about 80 kg. Added comfort and mobility 100%"

Iceland 08.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Iceland 07.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Iceland 06.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Iceland 05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Iceland 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Iceland 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Iceland 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Iceland 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Having never been to Iceland I don't know of the conditions there. I think Aaron Calder has? Obviously Pétur has got it sorted though.

Randa

FINNWOODY, eribanaut, and cruickie like this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:45 pm
by Big Al | 230 Posts

Back in 1984 I recall the main roads were resurfaced by scraping a layer from the volcanic surface. Our 4X4 bus came face to face with one of the machines whilst going over a hill like the one shown in the photos. I'm sure things have inproved since then but conditions are not like they are in the Cotwolds...

I love the changes, great engineering.

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Randa france and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:50 pm
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

Very impressive Petùr.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:23 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Ingenious!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Blimy!! I thought I was adventurous taking the toilet out of our last one

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:50 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.179 Posts

Wow...and that is what I call a bit of off-grid camping. It makes us look very unadventurous ...................................

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:13 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.830 Posts

I can confirm that once you get off the main metalled roads, the surfaces are very rough and uneven making for interesting motoring particularly if towing a caravan.

Our Icelandic friend told me that his ambition was to own a 'Foreigner'. This puzzled me for some time until he pointed one out to me. It was a Toyota '4Runner' with switchable two or four wheel drive. I don't think are imported into the UK.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Icelandic "Future"

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Icelandic Future.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Owner Guðmundur Höskuldsson says, "I think this is the only one in Iceland and HAM is probably Hamborg, this was imported 2013 from Germany and we are the second owners in Iceland and had this wonderful caravan since spring 2018"

The photo was taken at .Möðrudalur, in the North East centre of Iceland.

Randa

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:52 pm | Scroll up

RE: Icelandic "Future"

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am

More photos byGuðmundur Höskuldsson‎.

Laxárdalsheiði around 22:00.
Next stop Búðardalur.

Icelandic Future 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Icelandic Future 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

They are heading for the Western Fjords, ( Westfjords Region)

Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 5 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12810 topics and 107575 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4