Kitchen flap solution?

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:12 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Hi,

Being a clumsy oaf, I regularly knock the kitchen flap extension going in and out of the Eriba. 99% of the time doesn’t matter, but on a couple of occasions I’ve knocked the flap, it’s disengaged from the lip and collapsed down scattering stuff all over the place.

Anyone pimped their flap to stop it closing if knocked? A catch or bolt of some other smart solution?

At the moment we stuff a tea towel in the loop, ok temporary measure but would prefer something more permanent. Any ideas welcome.

~ N

~ 530 and proud

Last edited Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 am | Scroll up

RE: Kitchen flap solution?

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:25 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

I posted on the facebook page too. Got a great reply from Iain Gillespie.

Thought I’d post it here so it’s searchable in the future if anyone is looking for inspiration.

http://www.eribaman.co.uk/2019/08/eriba-...dification.html

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:09 am
by marmite | 405 Posts

Phil fixed a very strong but small magnet to ours it keeps the metal flap in the correct position and it's worked extremely well. Got the magnet from Amazon I'll get the details if anyone is interested.

Denise

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

The bolt is a nice simple idea. I look forward to seeing the magnet solution.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:59 am
by marmite | 405 Posts

Will do Colin but not until we can get into the van what with the wind and the rain and the wind and the rain to take some pictures

Denise

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 am
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

I've just remembered, I adjusted my flap soon after purchase for the reason it collapsed easily.
I found the metal strap could esily be dislodged from the notch it sat in. I took the retaining material strap off, painted the ends in pva glue to stop the fraying and then refixed it so it sat a little more snugly against the metal. I also used cup washers to get a better bite on the cloth and stop the screws from pulling through.
When I now think about it I have not knocked the flap out of place since, but could still do if I leant on it. The nice thing about the sliding bolt is that it should eliminate this [totally]

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:22 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Many thanks for the various approaches. Job done - I went for a sliding flat bolt. Had to replace the material band with a larger loop to make sure it cleared the extra height of the bolt.
Kitchen extension with sliding bolt.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

~ N

~ 530 and proud

Last edited Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4