Heads up...............Lidl Double Induction Hob

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:43 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

Went to Lidl in Ringwood this morning, my first trip out mingling with the hoi polloi (that's yer actual Greek, that is) since my surgery and it was interesting to see the different approaches to preventing the spread of CV19 among the populace. Some people were wearing gloves and/or masks but most seemed to be doing nothing, not even trying to maintain separation distances. The staff were wearing bizarre perspex face screens reminiscent of foundry workers' face protection that left the sides and neck portions open. I couldn't help thinking that simple face masks would have been more effective, but I digress.

We bought a double induction hob for £60 to replace the single unit that has done Stirling service in the caravan for the past eight years and are well pleased with the purchase. These units are great and can be used either in the caravan or in the awning. They are quick and convenient to use but you will need ferroconductive pans for them to work.

Induction hob.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

As you can see, the LH plate is rated at 1.8 KW and the RH one 1 KW so if both were to be used at full whack, particularly on a Continental site, they could well trip the power so discretion is required. Should be OK in the UK though.

Just outside Ringwood we passed a C&CC Certificated Location and were surprised to see two occupied units on the field. I thought all sites were now closed but clearly they are not.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Williebraveheart, Randa france and cruickie like this post!
Last edited Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm | Scroll up

RE: Heads up...............Lidl Double Induction Hob

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:41 pm
by Bryn | 1.015 Posts

Is this classed as essential shopping ?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:03 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

Along with food and supplies for our nonagenarian neighbours, I'm prepared to say 'Yes, M'lud'.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.033 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #1

We bought a double induction hob for £60 to replace the single unit that has done Stirling service in the caravan

I could be churlish and ask why he went all the way to Scotland to get a hob?

£60 Sterling seems a sterling price though and I'm sure Stirling Moss would've agreed.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:51 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:04 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.506 Posts

Looks like an excellent buy, but do you know what level it starts upon. I bought our single plate Tefal as it starts up on a low setting and will not trip our favourite sites 6 amp supply.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12788 topics and 107409 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2