A New Eriba Caravan Dealer?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:00 pm
by Randa france | 13.187 Posts

Eribafolk Facebook member Alex Gray shared this post:-

Red Lion Caravan Centre
**BIG NEWS**
We at Red lion Caravans are now officially Eriba Dealers, with our first load landing in September 😁
Who's seen the Micro Touring Caravans?

https://www.facebook.com/redlioncaravanc..._location=group

Comparing thier Logo on Facebook, it would appear that they are these guys:-
https://www.rlcaravans.co.uk/

So we'll have to send our Super Sleuth Mr Motters up the road to investigate

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: A New Eriba Caravan Dealer?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.101 Posts

Considered Go Pods from them. They are the sole supplier and was unimpressed that their 1 year warranty would not apply to 2'nd hand one's unless you bought from them.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

They are about 8 miles away from me and I did visit them before lockdown. I have noticed a few 2nd hand vans making it onto their website and e-mailed them about incorrectly listing one of them on e-bay.
They moved to the present site 6 or so years ago after outgrowing the old one next to the canal. They were I believe the original importer of the Going vans and after a lapse took them back on again.
The showroom/shop is basic, but the site has a fair amount of space and would allow them to grow.
If they do become a dealer then it could be good news, for me, but then again a move to Devon is probably on the cards in a couple of years time.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:17 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.179 Posts

Do we know if they are going to become an Eriba service centre?

They are certainly near enough to Clitheroe for me to go and have a look.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Yes they are Mike. More information to follow, probably tomorrow.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:55 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Thanks Randa - they may prove to be a rival in the North West for ALV in Tebay for servicing.our Eribas
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:22 pm

Because there was much interest regarding the above dealership, especially from Eribafolk facebook, I decided to "message" them yesterday evening to find out more about them.

They were very quick to reply and seeing as our techie chap Mr Motters lives only a stone's throw away from them, he kindly went in to see them today on behalf of all Eriba owners from the North West.

These are his findings:-

"I met with young Will and his boss early this afternoon. He loves Eribas and has been trying to get them for some time, just signing the contract a few days ago. He believes other dealerships have also recently been granted.
He admits the learning curve is going to be steep but he is excited about the prospect and is very committed.

A new building is going up to house the Eriba range along with the Go-Pod that he sells some 200+ a year. The market for these vans is similar to Eribas, mature folk who dislike white wobbly boxes, so they should link well together.

https://www.go-pods.co.uk/

Servicing work will hopefully start in September and judging by his current prices it sounds as if he will be very competitive. He was shocked at how much other dealers charge.

His range of new Eribas will be appearing in September, which he has to order soon. He is sad that the Puck is no longer available and cannot really understand why. If he has any say in vans, I advised 540 and 320. I know 535 is also gaining interest.

Extras can also be added to his advance orders and I suggested the electric heating element. I mentioned how some like hot water, alloys, spare, silver or white ouside but with stoneguard and most now go for a mover. The preferred mover for them is Powertouch as they have special brackets made so these fit the GoPod. Again prices look good on these.

I got the impression the dealership will be in it for the long haul and they want to be recognised as approachable and friendly. They will have a good look through the forum and learn as much as they can.

I left my details in case they have any questions.

They currently sell Kampa awnings and will continue to do so for Eriiba models."

https://www.rlcaravans.co.uk/

Thanks for doing that Colin.

Randa

Last edited Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:52 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 671 Posts

Thanks for that investigation Colin. Wrong end of the country for me but the more the merrier, competition is good!

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:55 am
by rs540 | 262 Posts

I also messaged them a couple of days ago about servicing, about whether they would be doing the official Hymer water ingress check that is required for the warranty, and specifically for those vans not purchased from them. So far no response...

Markeriba likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:33 am

It would appear they are now listed on the Eriba website as a dealer. Interestingly our friends Jandi are not.
https://www.eriba.com/en/service-and-acc...ler-search.html

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:20 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

thank you so much for finding this out - its only half an hour from me, cant wait to go and have alook at the new vans, ot that i will ever be able to afford one!!

Eriba Puck L 230 GT 2007 in all its loveliness, new to me in 2020
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:27 pm

A brief update folks, with more to follow as I'm awaiting an e-mail from Red Lion. Briefly:-
- first delivery of 10 vans expected some time in Oct, including Trolls, Tritons and Feelings
- some vans are designated as demo/display whilst others are for sale
- 4? deliveries expected per year
- servicing could start October, but please be realistic and assume January as workshops are corrently closed and they will have a backlog.
I'm hoping all will be well for Feb/March and cancelled my service contract with Lowdhams of Nottingham, preferring an 18 mile round trip instead of 260 miles.

Further details of vans to follow and I will post as soon as I get them, so it would be an idea not to pester them.

Colin

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:45 am

Thanks, an interesting update.

We are taking our Troll to Southport Club site towards the end of the month so I will probably have a quick look at them whilst we are there. Will report anything interesting back.

MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Update, but as of yet unsure which are for display and which are for sale:-
2 x Troll 530 Rockabilly
2 x Troll 530 Ocean Drive
Triton 430
Familia 320
I also thought the following were initially mentioned but these have not been confirmed by e-mail:-
Triton 420
Feeling 425
Feeling 470

I beleive Nicci Taylor is the General Manager, Lee Mac might be the boss and Will is caravan sales.

Colin

Last edited Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:40 pm

So Lee Mack is "not going out" then?
Randa

SOULBLUESMAN68 and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107571 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2