advice and parts

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 22, 2014 9:52 pm
by paul hul (deleted)

Hi guys, been thinking about getting an eriba for a while, just been to view one locally and it would appear to be an honest un molested little van , it is a 1994 triton 430gt, had a look underneath and all appears solid and rust free, the body has one or two small dents, I think it just need a good clean as it lives outside near the sea, my question is about the windows, the window to the right of the sink is badly crazed and had a small amount of water sitting in the rubbers (it has poured down here all day!) how much and how available are parts like windows? the fabric below the pop top is discoloured, no sign of damp and all the zips work, can the fabric be cleaned? over the cooker and sink is two pieces of hinged glass, one has broken and been poorly repaired, can these still be purchased? if so price? lastly the badges on the outside, they are tatty and the writing has almost disappeared are these still available? Seems to be a good layout with double bed at one end , single at other, washroom in middle, upholstery clean and dry no damp in cupboards (no damp smells, just smelt old?) any advice would be much appreciated by this Eriba virgin as plan to go for a second viewing when the nice old chap who has owned it for the last 12 years has used it one last time

Scroll up

RE: advice and parts

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum!

Agger has written extensively about cleaning, reproofing and replacing the pop-top canvas. Have a look here.

One of your best sources for parts is Jandi in Scotland. Give them a call but be well prepared with a flask of coffee and something to eat as they do like to talk. They are lovely people who will go out of their way to help you. Be aware though that genuine Hymer/Eriba parts can be very expensive so be prepared to look for alternative, more generic suppliers.

You can contact Jandi via this link: Jandi

I'm sure others will be chipping in with advice pretty soon. If the van is structurally sound, there is no sign of damp and the price is right it has to be worth a punt. Fixing problems can be an ongoing project while you are enjoying using the van. Most of us seem constantly to be in the middle of some improvement or maintenance project. You'll be surprised what the 'search' facility will reveal.

Best of luck and keep us posted re your progress and when you get the van (as we hope you will) be sure to post some pictures.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 pm
by hob (deleted)

Welcome

New Eriba stickers are available here

http://www.caravanstickers.com/Eriba%20Stickers.htm

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 23, 2014 6:55 am
by Agger (deleted)

Hi Paul, and welcomethere are several caravan breakers around the country which could help with items like the window (if a deplacement is needed) and the glass cooker top should also be available from a breaker. For some reason Eriba spares are rare when broken? I suspect that not many end up in a breakers yard but may well be bought by dealers for spares, I do know this was happening sometime ago. Best regards with your quest.

Last edited Fri May 23, 2014 6:56 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 23, 2014 8:02 am
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.
The thing to remember about the Eriba Tourer is that they hold their price well. As an example, we believe our '99 Troll is worth just as much now as it was when we bought it 4 years ago even though we've had many 1000's of miles out of it and visited 100's of campsites all over Europe.
Therefore, if you're happy that all your Triton needs is a good tidy up then everything is available.
To put it in perspective, there are members of this forum who are proudly running Eribas built in the mid '60's so your Triton is a baby by comparison.
As long as it's a bargain, go for it and enjoy it
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri May 23, 2014 8:10 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 23, 2014 10:26 am
by paul hul (deleted)

thanks for all the help, plan to view again in the next two weeks, i will keep you all posted and put some pics on if we end up as its next family

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 24, 2014 7:30 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Morphy If it is a good buy it pays to be cautious but don't let it slip through your fingers they are sought after.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 24, 2014 9:02 pm
by paul hul (deleted)

hi all, been doing image searches to try and identify exactly which model variation I have viewed but not had much luck!! I wonder if someone way be able to help? its a triton 3 berth, rear diner converts into a double, wardrobe, washroom, front diner turns into a single, all the cupboards including the tables are a sort of cherry wood colour? seen others online with this colour furniture but with light coloured tables, the cooker and sink are covered by two separate pieces of brown specked glass, these were hinged so could fold down under the cupboards that are above, the cooker and sink were not stainless but a sort of grey enamel finish, between the cooker and sink was what looked like a shallow drainer with a plughole in the middle, a small shelf folds out to the right of the sink, externally the others I have seen online appear to be white and silver grey, with matching silver grey gas box and wheel spats, this one has a off white upper body and a sort of gold/brown lower body, wheel spates and gas box ,thought I would try and arm myself with more info ready for a second viewing , I am out of the country next week so wont be on the forum, thanks in advance for your help, ps what does BSA in the triton range stand for? Paul

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 24, 2014 9:57 pm
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

OK first of all, the age of your Triton seems OK. This is a photo of a 1993 Triton belonging to a lovely couple we met from the Isle of Wight, Phil and Devina. https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104/f17t290p1979n2.jpg which is, more or less, the way you describe yours.
I'm not sure but you didn't mention whether your Triton had a built in toilet or not. The layout generally sounds like a predecessor of the 430 but if you look at page 33 of this 1994 brochure http://www.eriba.nl/uploads/file/Archief...gramma-1994.pdf you should be able to match your model up.
I think I'm right in saying that previous to 2000 the Eriba Touring models were not officially called 320, 418, 420, 430 etc but BS, TM, BSA etc.
Don't let that put you off though. There are many of these models still about and they are still cherished.
Don't hang about or you'll lose her.
R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12834 topics and 107698 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2