awning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 29, 2014 2:08 pm
by popey (deleted)

Hi,
I would like a video, or manual, on my Van der horn full awning, any information would be appreciated.
thanks
Popey

Scroll up

RE: awning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 29, 2014 4:47 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Our NR awning took us nearly 4 hrs to erect the first time. Video wasn't even mentioned but it would have needed lots of popcorn and coca if you decided to watch it.
Good luck with your request.

My first railway painting and commission
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 30, 2014 3:29 pm
by popey (deleted)

Hi Hampshireman, Can't find any information anywhere, might be easyer to use my large fishing brolly.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I have had 2 Van derHorn awnings and neither of them had instructions. All that came with them was a diagram of the assembled frame.
I will check through to see if I still have a copy of this.

image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 image.jpg 

Troll & Galaxy.

Last edited Fri May 30, 2014 6:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

That all looks pretty straightforward. What you need to do is practise at home before 'going public' if possible.

We have a Soplair but the principle is the same, identify all the parts and lay them out on the ground in their correct places; attach awning fabric to awning rail; go underneath and assemble the frame; pull fabric over the framework; put a few pegs in temporarily to hold everything down (best wait for a calm day) and then adjust so all poles are tight and all zips can be closed and opened easily before doing the final pegging out.

Once you have got the awning erected to your satisfaction, it's a good idea to put different coloured tape at the joints for future reference. When you've done it a few times you won't need the coloured reminders.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 30, 2014 7:53 pm
by crow (deleted)

It is very easy to erect, as Brian says above, if you practice with just the poles first.
I always put out the front guylines and peg them leaving some slack. If the wind
gets up they are there ready all you have to do is grab the awning and adjust the
guylines. It is one of the best awnings I have owned.

Last edited Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 31, 2014 9:03 pm
by popey (deleted)

Oh Frantone, thank you, that's what I needed, I can now see how to make up the frame, and thank you all for your help.

Popey

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107696 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1