Who owns a Feeling 425?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

I'm thinking of a bigger van purchase, probably in 12/24 months time and Troll would be the logical step from our Triton 430 as I'm definitely NOT going to the dark side. A 530 would seem the way to go, a 535 being discounted because of the fridge issues and non sensical set-up regarding electric only fridge and gas only heater as standard. I also like the 550.
We then have a curve ball in the Feeling 425, basically a Troll 530 layout. I would be ordering a factory build and this would have to be our last van.
I admit they do not look as nice as a Touring, but they are £4/5K less for a similar specification. Resale prices are not as good, but as I said this could well be our last van and the initial saving would outweigh this anyway.The payloads are higher, internal space a little bigger, they sit lower and are supposed to be even a better tow, and the big one, they do not appear to fall apart like the new Touring,s and do not dent as easily.
I know of two members who own this mode, JohnE and inishcara. Is there anybody else out there with one?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: Who owns a Feeling 425?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:23 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.029 Posts

I've always wondered why the Tourings (with washroom) all have a shower tray floor as standard and the Feelings don't Colin. I see they now offer a shower pack with shower tray included.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:50 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:44 am

On specification you will find quite a few subtle differences, for example you can get a 1500kg axle and underfloor heating. You can even ditch the gas heater for a Combi space/water heater, but only if you opt for the big elevating roof with the double bed in it.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:39 pm
by PaulJackson (deleted)

I'm a bit late coming to this but I do have a Feeling 425 if you have any questions. I have the one without the upper bed. It's a 2014 but I doubt they have changed much.

Paul

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Thanks Paul, if I have any questions I'll send them your way. My lovely other half now likes the layout of the 470, but it's a bit on the long side.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:32 am
by Doreen the troll (deleted)

Hi Colin, I am interested in your comments about the Touring 535.
What issues are there regarding the fridge?
We have owned ours from new in 2020 and have had no problems. the combination of a 12v compressor fridge and a gas combi boiler is that we can run off grid if nessesary for two to three days. No need for solar. The fridge frees up kitchen storage space and there is no need to kneel down to check on contents, it is excellent at keeping cool, as we are finding out this week, and we have no ugly outside vents.
I feel the 535 has been discontinued probably because of production costs, the fridge is expensive as is the combi boiler, usually the preserve of motor homes!
Finally we love the fixed bed, it does away with all the faff of making a bed and is great for an afternoon nap!
David

Williebraveheart and EdinburghTroll like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:12 am
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I agree about the 535. Best layout caravan I have ever owned and I have owned touring vans since 1981. The fridge is a highlight and has worked perfectly since new in 2019. The fixed bed is such an advantage. No back breaking pulling out seats and then making a bed. Combo boiler is so efficient. I am over 6' and have no bother sleeping across the van.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
EdinburghTroll likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Perhaps we should start the 535 owners club, should be quite select when it’s phased out 😀
David

Williebraveheart and EdinburghTroll like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Doreen,
What issues are there regarding the fridge?
I recall two 535 owners having issues when the vans first came out. I know at least one of them had to have the fridge replaced. In a conversation with an Eriba dealer last year they made it clear that issues still existed.

The combination of a 12v compressor fridge and a gas combi boiler is that we can run off grid if nessesary for two to three days. No need for solar. The fridge frees up kitchen storage space and there is no need to kneel down to check on contents, it is excellent at keeping cool
You have me on this one. Are you saying that you can run your 12v fridge on the caravan battery for two or three days? If this is the case then it's a revelation and makes some sense now. My understanding was the fridge ran at 12v through a transformer set-up taking the voltage down to 12v. As such if you wanted to be off grid for any period of time you could. That being the case you would be on a mains hook-up, so why would you want a gas boiler/heater when you have a paid for electricity supply at your disposal.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:36 am

Hi Colin,
Our fridge runs direct from the battery when not hooked up. We were informed on purchase that it would run for at least two/three days on battery power, when using day and night mode.
We have done this for two days (one night) not hooked up, with heating and hot water provided by the combi boiler so in effect we are running “off grid” that in my opinion is the advantage of the 535 over all other Eriba models.
Having said that it runs at 3ah average consumption so I guess we were close to the limit of a 100 ah battery, so the dealer was being over optimistic about 3 days !
David

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:54 am
by AlanC | 104 Posts

Our VW California Campervan had a 30ltr compressor fridge fitted as standard which would run for up to 4 days off the 2 x 75amp/hr leisure batteries.

Provided you don't run it too cold a 12v DC compressor fridge is more economic than the type fitted in the Eriba.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1