Nemisis Ultra wheel lock nut question

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 09, 2022 5:36 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.631 Posts

I have just bought and fitted a Nemisis Ultra wheel lock, it looks like a good bit of kit, it was easy to fit and it's a doddle put on and take off. However I noticed that the replacement receiver wheel nut is substantially bigger and heavier than the standard nut which makes me think it may throw the wheel way out of balance, (even though it hasn't been balanced initially)? My thoughts are maybe as it is in the centre of the wheel it won't have a centrifugal effect, I am concerned it will shake my fridge about and turn my milk into butter..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Mon May 09, 2022 5:37 pm | Scroll up

RE: Nemisis Ultra wheel lock nut question

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 09, 2022 6:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

Do not fear. I've had mine fitted for 4 years now and all is well.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Poptop320 and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 09, 2022 6:22 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.631 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Do not fear. I've had mine fitted for 4 years now and all is well. Colin

Thanks Colin, it's good to know I won't have four pints of butter when I get to my destination .....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 09, 2022 10:29 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.102 Posts

moved to it's own post

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Mon May 09, 2022 10:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 09, 2022 10:29 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 316 Posts

I mentioned this to Nemesis last year when I was talking to them about a lock issue. They had not thought about it.

If The bolt is about 25g heavier than the others and the bolt is 112 mm from the centre, this would be equivalent to around 8 grammes on the wheel rim; hardly a bone-shaker but not properly balanced either.

I had my wheels balanced as soon as we got the new Troll home last year, they needed 40g to put them right; caravan manufacturers don’t seem to think it’s an issue but we’ve had screws and doors shaken loose in the past until someone suggested the balancing.

I guess the alternative is to fit 5 security bolts to each wheel. (You’d get away with 2 on a 4-bolt puck.)

BTW, we had a lock on both sides so double wobbles?

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Mon May 09, 2022 10:36 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 37 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107695 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2